would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

THE SPIRALING COSTS OF FAST BROADBAND!

17 REPLIES
TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 10.48.27.png 

Moderator Note: This post and any others like it show the header from an intermediary affiliate website. Unless you've clicked through from the affiliate website you'll not see this.

Gondola
Community Star

These glitches are sent to try us!

But did you not read the Sale tag?  It just got BIGGER!  Exactly!

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@Gondola wrote:

But did you not read the Sale tag?  It just got BIGGER!  Exactly!

But it doesn't get bigger Gondola, it stays the same ........... 'Then £18.95, Now £18.95', but I took the £17 option anyway, ha!

Gondola
Community Star

But, but, but your big pointy thingy is pointing to was £27 then £18.95 now £17. And the other big pointy thingy is pointing to now £18.95. Which is BIGGER!

PS Has Community Member @RichardSavage given you permission to use his overblown big pointy thingies?

The Loyalty Team are great at giving the best value deals and with £17 for fast broadband and line rental for 12 months (sometimes 18 or 24 months) I think even @RichardSavage would be delighted at the spiralling down in costs!

Sweet!

maniben
Philosopher

Actually, it is a subliminal advert by Specsavers, via the Oath compulsory consent !

See (pun intended), you cant win.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Do you not think it might be the work of the Oozlum bird then, @maniben?  That would be good!

ferguson
Community Star

@TheHornedOne wrote:

Do you not think it might be the work of the Oozlum bird then, @maniben?  That would be good!

Ha, what an excellent reference, I cannot think of a better descriptor of you two posters, Carry On. Wink

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@Gondola wrote:

PS Has Community Member @RichardSavage given you permission to use his overblown big pointy thingies?

If you look very carefully Gondola, you will find the answer to that particular question here, in the right pupil .........

Emoji Wink #2 copy.gif

Gondola
Community Star

...oh Dear, we're moved... (see what I did there)... to fly around with ever decreasing spiralling down prices before disappearing into the wormhole just like good ol' @RichardSavage. Here's one of his best efforts!

Yawn.png

In memory of the real blinking one!

maniben
Philosopher

Now let us find a better descriptor for Ferguson scream with fear face

ferguson
Community Star

@maniben wrote:

Oh please do, although I would miss you in a strange way. 

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Moved into the Humour section eh, ha, what an accolade, I just can't get over that!

@Gondola wrote:

Here's one of his best efforts!

........ and here is one of mine .......

Emoji Yawn copy.gif

ferguson
Community Star

You're forgetting that it covers News as well. Although there is a certain amount of Entertainment also, depending on one's point of view ....

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@maniben wrote:

Nah, let's not bother eh!

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Reprise!

£17.00.png

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband

Moderator Note: This post and any others like it show the header from an intermediary affiliate website. Unless you've clicked through from the affiliate website you'll not see this.

Gondola
Community Star

@TheHornedOne

@TheHornedOne wrote:

Reprise!

£17.00.png

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband

Do you understand why the moderator notes have appeared against your posts?  It's to avoid the needless confusion that might be caused to TalkTalk customers when they don't see what you're posting.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

I appreciate what you are saying @Gondola, but I don't post links which I haven't tested.  If I enter - www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband - into the [Firefox] browser, this is what I see, time, after time, after time .......

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 21.12.45.png

.......... do you not, and if the attached .pdf is not a TalkTalk page, it is an excellent facsimile.

As to how I came across what appears to be an offending page in the first place, I really don't recall, but I haven't been near an affiliate website for months, and that was to change my energy supplier, so the question arrises, where does the error lie in all of this‽

Obviously I cannot follow the link myself to any form of conclusion, 'cause I am already on a £17pcm contract,  Sorry to put you to all this trouble!  Perhaps, my contribution should be committed to the great post depository.  The point has been made. Anomalies abound, elves notwithstanding.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @TheHornedOne

Explaining it simply, when you click through from an intermediary or affiliate site there are cookies set which force the display of the affiliate deal, a different sales phone number and no talktalk header details.  But whilst the affiliate deal is shown by someone clicking on the original link you posted they would not have been registered on the affiliate website so would not qualify for the deal.

If you clear the TalkTalk sales cookies in your Firefox browser you will resume seeing the regular TalkTalk sales page.

Yes, we're both enjoying the £17 Fast Broadband deal in my case, first via an intermediary link on Black Friday and then on two further renewals to extend the contract via the TalkTalk Loyalty Team.  No elves were seen or harmed during this pleasant discussion.