cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

talktalk blocking teamviewer 13 from connecting

Community Team

Hi

This is a strange one, all settings here are as expected.  

can you try changing the DNS in the router to 8.8.8.8  & 8.8.4.4

Thanks

Karl. 

StormChaser
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

i changed the DNS on the router to  8.8.8.8  & 8.8.4.4. teamviewer is now working and i can access their website too. one question how protected am I now with changing the DNS server IP address from talktalk to this?

stormchaser

Community Team

Hi

OK, that confirms that it was a homesafe setting that was stopping this.  The next option was to factory reset the router from this side and force through an IP change, but this would reset any settings you have changed in the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

StormChaser
Wise Owl

Hi Karl.

so do you still need to force change the ip address from your end to get this to fully work? as I would really prefer talktalk DNS. Im fine if you need to do a factory reset. if you do i will then check again to see if teamviewer is working fine...

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi

The DNS you are currently using is Googles DNS.  This is perfectly safe, but if you want me to go ahead with the factory reset I'll do this now.

Try again with this new IP.

Thanks

Karl. 

StormChaser
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

seen you reset the router from your end. went to get back on teamviewer and I cannot even their website is fully blocked. So not sure if talktalk's DNS server is fully blocking this after testing the google DNS vs TT DNS. any other Ideas to keep the DNS with talktalk and use teamviewer?

if using talktalk dns i cannot visit the teamviewer site or use the software to remote to family PC to help them, but if moved to the 8.8.8.8 address both work fine. teamviewer i been using fine for 2 yrs. so cant understand why this is happening.

Thanks

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi

It is safe to use the google dns as a workaround for now.  I've passed the details to our online teams to investigate.

Thanks

Karl. 

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hello can you check why its taken 3 months to unblock the teamviewer ports please so i dont have to use google dns. i have now the new wifi hub and even it is blocked unless i change it to google dns which is really not on when i am paying for a service from talktalk

Stormchaser

sandmanwozere
First Timer

Hi Wise Owl - Try the following

Login to your account.

Hover over "My Services"

Click on "View Homesafe Settings"

Switch Kids Safe to ON

Uncheck the boxes under "Website categories" as these were allowed by default, you can check them as required.

Under "Specific Websites" type www.teamviewer.com then click the Allow radio button.

Click Save

This should now work

Regards Sandman - Here to help..... Xbox, PC, Sky Q, bit of a geek.
deswr1
Chatterbox
That worked for me both website and Android app connect
StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi deswr1 

i tried what you said but still cannot log into teamvieew on my desktop pc. if i change the dns ip address of talktalk to google dns 8.8.8.8 . fine this works but why should i have to change to this when my ISP should be able to let it come through by unblocking it on my account.

if the cannot unblock it then they should of never blocked the site if they dont know how to reverse it is what I say. it was working fine on talktalk's dns ip address till someone decided to block sites and at customer's request to allow it through on their account, but someone doesnt know what they are doing

StormChaser

deswr1
Chatterbox

I've solved thethe problem what I do is open up talk talk kids filter then  uncheck all websites then enter into the allowed website section teamviewer.com. Works perfect 😀

deswr1
Chatterbox
Disregard last message, so still not working for you did you change DNS back to talk talk first then try changing kids filter
StormChaser
Wise Owl

yes tried that and still blocked. so wierd this was working fine till talktalk started blocking and the still cannot unblock it

deswr1
Chatterbox
So your pc TeamViewer doesn't connect what about the mobile app and website
StormChaser
Wise Owl

if i use the mobile app on the router wifi and use the talktalk DNS address this is blocked too. if i use edge and got to the teamviewer site on the mobile its blocked same with PCs in the home. but if the mobile is off the wifi and connected to my mobile provider then i can access it. 

now if i change the house router to google dns which not to happy to do then fine it works, but why should i have to do this when i am paying for service

Stormchaser

deswr1
Chatterbox
Have you tried checking the router's application filter which is under the firewall settings?
mfgibson
First Timer

I have just switched to TalkTalk from B.T and found that I could not use TeamViewer as well. I use it all the time to work remotely. I was told by the live chat representative that I had to switch scam protection off, use TeamViewer, then switch it back on after. Problem is to switch it on or off I have to call a number or ask live chat to do it. This is unworkable for someone who uses TeamViewer all the time. I am very disappointed with this solution from TalkTalk for a problem I never had with B.T. I am already regretting switching. I am going the leave scam protection off and trust that the supersafe desktop app will proctect me and my family.