FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back once again with yet even more problems!!

Message 53 of 53

Only recently had a case solved by complaints managers. Had numerous engineers out and weeks of calls from complaints managers. Speeds were fixed and back to the usual 65mb. However, tonight i've had a few spinning wheels when trying to stream and web pages failing to load. Just logged into the router to see what speeds are and it says speed to the router have dropped from 65mb down to 47mb. 

MrP
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 41 of 53
Ok its gone down 4 times today now. It now says speeds to the router are 20mb and 4 up. Speed tests show anywhwere from 1mb to just 14mb. Now using a second router so i doubt its the routers.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 42 of 53
Yes please because this is still going on. Was 63mb coming into the router then today the router went off and on again and speeds to the router went down to 20mb. I switched the router off and on again and speeds went back up to 62mb. 10 Minutes later the router went off and on again and speeds dropped to 54mb. I turned the router on and off again and speeds went back to 62mb. So it has been down twice this afternoon.
MrP
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 43 of 53

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection looks stable for 8 days. Did you notice if any lights on the router changed when you lost the connection? Would you like me to raise a complaint again and ask our Tech Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

Message 44 of 53

No i didn't try that this time. I just switched between 2 routers twice to get speeds back up instantly. The internet went totally down again at 3am this morning. I couldn't sleep so tried to catch up on my favourite tv shows but couldn't even do that. I'm so fed up with it to the point im close to giving up and just going without internet at all and get used to a life without it like the old days. Its too stressful. 

MrP
0 Likes

Message 45 of 53

Hi Username_Unavailable,

If the speed is dropping because DLM is changing your profile this will be because DLM is detecting disconnections and/or errors that are higher than acceptable over a given amount of time 

Your line profile hasn't changed since the 3rd so if the speed just dropped it could be a noise spike causing the router to lose sync and resync at a lower speed, swapping the router may then have then caused the router to resync back on target if the increased noise level was no longer there

Did you try switching the router off for 30 minutes and retesting before swapping it over for you other router?

Chris

Message 46 of 53
Ok, so just recently when speeds drop like this i switch back and fourth between the new router you sent and the old router, and it seems to fix the speeds. So is there something wrong with the 2 routers i have or something? Because when speeds dropped a few weeks back i switched to a new router and speeds gradually increased over a few weeks. Now when speeds have dropped i've switched back to the old router and speeds have shot back up again. Everything else inside the home is new, even the faceplate, and they say there is no fault on the line. So why do these 2 routers keep dropping speeds so drastically like that after a few weeks?
MrP
0 Likes

Message 47 of 53
They only just fixed the problem and closed the case but the internet has just gone totally down and it says speeds to the router have dropped from 62.1 down to 29 and upload of 5. This is beyond a joke. Ever since signing a new contract last May its been nothing but problems. Please sort or re-escalate please. This is a total nightmare!!!!!
MrP
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 48 of 53

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I re-raised a complaint back to our CEO Tech Team on Thursday and I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted. I've contacted them again now and requested that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

Message 49 of 53

Ok, still not had any contact from anyone....

As i said, the complaints manager closed the case last week and said it was solved. Yet when logging into my account to run a test on the line it says a case is open (who opened that then? or did the complaints manager fail to actually close the last case?) and the test results just keep saying there is an issue and they are working on it. Speeds from the router were 65mb for years and have dropped to 47, and wifi speeds are virtually nothing. Streaming anything results in spinning wheels and websites struggling to load. The last 2 complaints managers said as far as they are concerned if speeds have been 65mb for years then they should still be 65. We are 80/20 from the cabinet. This is 2020 where speeds are supposed to be getting faster and faster to cope with modern life, not slower and slower so its virtually unusable. Speed test just showed 7mb. Look at it this way. The Playstation 4 games console on its own uses OVER 40mb of bandwidth when downloading games and updates. These updates these days are hundreds of gigabytes in size and take ages to download. While someone is downloading a game or update on just the Playstation 4 nobody else can use the internet, that's it, you can only use 1 device at at time, in 2020!!! We have 4k tv's, games consoles, laptops, phones, tablets, security cameras and doorbells, have to work from home, shop from home etc etc etc etc etc. And the next generation consoles come out in a few months where games will require even faster speeds!!  I can see 5G coming along and killing off home broadband providers. Because if 5G is going to be super fast hundreds of megabytes speeds and reliable then why on earth would anyone bother with home broadband anymore. 

MrP
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 50 of 53

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this as a complaint back to our Tech CEO Team and have asked if they can contact you again ASAP.

Thanks

Message 51 of 53
Complaints manager said my last case from May was closed as of last week. But when i sign into my account it says a case is open and they are working on the fault. Which is it? Lots of buffering spinning wheels and web pages failing to load or loading slowly. Speeds to router have dropped from the usual 65 to 47 and speed test just showed 7mb, 33mb and 24mb. Clearly broken again!
MrP
0 Likes

Message 52 of 53
Ok if nobody here is going to help can you please escalate to another complaints manager please. Elderly, vulnerable, not furloughed need the internet for work and pleasure. Don't allow it to go unfixed for months again.
MrP
0 Likes