FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new router needed?

beachmat
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 19

I'm assisting my elderly parents upgrade from ADSL to fibre, and I notice the Fibre package includes a replacement router. Is that required for the service to work? Or once the changeover has been done, will it work with the old router still connected?

Thanks

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

beachmat
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 19

Great, thanks for sorting it out.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 19

Thank you , the £14 charge will not be applied for the length of the contract. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi @beachmat

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

beachmat
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 19

Okay, I phoned customer service and I now have the Yodel tracking number.

The other problem I have is with the calls package, which I mentioned. The upgrade offer on their account quite clearly said that the UK calls package was included in the Fibre 65 price of £25 per month (see attached screengrabs). However they have received a letter saying the cost will be £25 plus £14 for the calls package. When I queried this on the phone, I was told that the £25 offer including calls was a mistake and that they would have to pay for them. For me this is completely unacceptable - you cannot offer something at a certain price and then half-way through the transaction, change the deal and increase the price. I've also heard the Fibre 65 with UK calls for £25 being advertised on the radio. What's going on here? Why are they not being supplied what they thought they were agreeing to?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi

I've just checked with the courier, and estimated delivery is Saturday 19th.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

I am checking on my parent's account and it says that a router will be despatched 4 days before the go-live date, which is Monday, but they haven't yet received it. On the website it says you can track the parcel by using the tracking number provided in the despatch confirmation email but they have not received that (nor an order confirmation email, come to that). Can someone please confirm when they will receive it? I need to provide some reassurance to my elderly parents who are getting stressed about the possibility of losing their internet.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi beachmat

I can that Martswain has already provided the correct advice.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

The new router will work with your existing broadband so you can plug it in and set up your WiFi connections with the new password as soon as you receive it.

A filter must remain in place, just use the new one supplied with the new router, both ADSL and VDSL require them, although it will likely say ADSL on the actual filter body.

Message 9 of 19

Right, thanks all. Will the new router also work with the existing broadband, so that it can be connected before the golive date, with no further action being needed?

Also should the ADSL filter be removed after the switch-over, or doesn't it matter?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 19

Hello,

As advised, the HG533 is not a fibre compatible router so a new router should be sent out.

Thanks

Message 11 of 19

There will be some notes/small print attached to any particular offer. We cannot see that, make sure you read them. 

0 Likes

beachmat
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 19

Also I'm not sure about the situation with calls. On the offers and upgrades, it said Fibre 65 "includes Unlimited UK Calls boost". Does that mean what it sounds like, ie it's included in the price? Or does it mean that you can still use an existing Unlimited UK Calls boost with it, but that you still have to pay extra for it? I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Yes.

The HG533 is NOT fibre compatible.

Message 14 of 19

Actually they have a HG533. Will that one need to be changed?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

No Problem 🙂

We are always here to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thanks. I think the current router is one of those you mention but I will check later.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi

Just to add, a router is only provided if the current router does not support Fibre. So if the current router is HG633 or Dlink 3782, these will both support VDSL (Fibre) connections.

Our teams will usually advise at the point of upgrade if a new router is required.

If  however there are any issues after upgrade, just pop in here and we will get things sorted out for you.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

ferguson
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

It depends: which make/model of router do they have presently? 

0 Likes