NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to talktalk from BT - Absolute Joke!

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I signed up to FF500 on the 11th of November via the phone team.

I explained to them that I already had an openreach line which was working and I currently had BT FTTP that was due to end on the 10th of December.  The "go live" date for my talktalk was set for 10th December so I would not be left without service.

We are now on the 12 of december and I have no service and noone at talk talk can say when my service will go live.  I am being told that the problem is related to openreach because BT were using the line.  The line has been available since the 10th, confirmed with BT but yet talktalk say its not.

I have still not recieved my Eero 6 Pro router either and they claim they have not had enough time to arrange this (its been a Month!!).  I have also NEVER recieved a order confirmation letter or email.  I have spoken to people on the phone around 10 times now, every time they seem to just either lie to get me off the phone or fabricate a date in their head to make me happy.  The latest "call us if its not working yet" is now Wednesday (15th), a full 5 days after the original date.

The level or service here is completely unacceptable, especially when we are once again being told to work from home.  We are having to use mobile data tethered which incurs a cost. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully they will arrive as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Spoke to someone on the team today who said that Eeros are delayed with no ETA.  Sounds like rubbish because I can order one from Amazon for SAME DAY delivery!  I have been told to use the sagemcom router until my Eero arrives.

I seriously hope this is not a bait and switch because that Sagemcom router appears to get awful reviews!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did they advise if the eero has been sent or if it has been delayed?

Thanks

0 Likes

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Finally got through to someone on the FF team who seemed to know what they are talking about and the service is now active.... However still no Eero.

They have however sent the sagemcom router. 

Chocolate teapot springs to mind....

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Are the Future Fibre Team keeping in touch with you? Did they advise what the next step will be?

Thanks

0 Likes

AnUrbanPenguin
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Still no change.

I have been contacting future fibre team daily. 

Still no Eero either and no contact from yodel with regards to the delivery.

They claim the service should have been live from Sunday, however connecting an old router to the ONT or my old BT one does nothing. I have also tried directly connecting a laptop to the ONT. Nothing.

0 Likes

djbdane
Community Star
Message 7 of 9

Hi - Have you been talking direct to the Future Fibre team 0345 172 0074 (open 7 days normal business hours) as I doubt the support staff here can do much and will direct you to speak to the Future Fibre team. 
As for the ordering process it's clear from other customers experiences that the customer facing part of Future Fibre is still not very good at all, and communication with customers can be poor it seems very disjointed and when it goes wrong boy does it go wrong! On the other hand personally I've had nothing but a great service from them, but my fibre install went without a hitch and I was updated all along - so they can do it - but I suspect when a glitch occurs, maybe a delay handing the line over or something the whole system seems to fall apart once it goes from the smooth automated flow into people are now involved flow. Give them a call on that number if you haven't tried that number already and good luck.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Staff won't be back on here before Monday, @AnUrbanPenguin, and may not be able to help as it is very much in the hands of the Future Fibre team

Fill in as many details as possible in Personal Information and Private Notes by going via your avatar/name; settings and follow prompts from the drop down menu that starts with "email". SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes