would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Community Badges, your thoughts

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Everyone,

I’m really excited to tell you about our new Badges which we’ve just added to the community. As you use the community, engage with other members and their content you’ll earn. The more active you are within the community the more badges you’ll have to display on your profile.

We don’t want to spoil all the fun by telling you which badges are on offer as we’re sure you'll have much more fun finding them yourself but we did want to give you a sneak preview and let you know which types of activities could earn you a badge.

Our badges are awarded for a number of different actions, some of which are secret so you’ll have to be patient and eagle eyed to find these however many of our badges are awarded based on the following activities:

• Creating new discussions
  • Commenting on other members discussions
  • Giving and receiving Likes
  • Your Best Answers count
  • Completing your community profile

This is only the beginning! The team and I are constantly looking at new badges we can add and we’d love to get your ideas and suggestions for new badges or just tell us what you think of them by posting a reply.

Thanks

Stephen

mshunt
Wizz Kid

I don't mind community stuff if I was an active member. But my email has been spammed with badge updates all day. Seeing I haven't partaken in any forum threads recently and after the recent hack of Carphone Warehouse, ie you, I thought my account had been compromised. As it turns out it's all fine but this has been disturbing me all day and I haven't had time to turn off email notifications, which is the next thing I'm doing.

HearHere
Team Player

Community Badges - just another piece of pointless drivel to be upto date with inertnet (sic) trends.

To whom are TT trying to appeal? 12-year olds?

The community used to be great at solving problems for customers (those of us who pay for this) now it seems to me that TT just want to be hip. X-Factor?! I don't want to win tickets for such drivel. As for silly badges - don't get me started... Oh! you just have.

Just give us a good service, please.

HearHere
Team Player

OMG !!!! ! :catsurprised:

Hope I don't get a secret badge - like a skull and crossbones pirate badge for being obtuse or sumfin... lol

(goes to email to read of latest price increases)  perhaps a goldstar badge for being a customer for more than 10 years!

SuperBrad
Chatterbox
I have no interest in earning badges, I thought we was all adults?
penguin116
Wizz Kid
Just received the 'Banter' badge for 100 posts. What sort of company awards a customer for having so much trouble with their 'services'. Only TalkTalk would make an award to someone for criticism of TalkTalk. Which is what most of my posts have been. If more effort and honesty was put into TalkTalk Customer support generally by TalkTalk then perhaps this community would become a proper discussion forum rather than a complaints forum which is what we have to use it for as their Customer Support by telephone is so poor. If you are truly the Community Manager, Stephen, could you please arrange to swap the badge you have just awarded me for a router that allows me to use the service i so heavily pay TalkTalk for. I won't hold my breath.
Glyndalf
Wise Owl

When I was in Infant & Primary school, we had badges for being Class Star, Best Speller, Best Milk Monitor etc. It was a way of controlling and keeping us in line obviously, but we didn't know it at the time.

To be honest, TalkTalk introducing the same thing that they do in schools, I find rather condescending. But no doubt some will get all moist at the thought of being awarded a badge or maybe they will grow up one day.

I build warp cores and in my spare time generally save the planet from rabid ninja hamsters!

Lack of clarity in your questions can result in frustration for all.
Constance1
Conversation Starter
Had no idea about these badges. My jaw just dropped! What a stupid, childish idea obviously controlling and insufferably naff. I think I'm now speechless.
DavidA23
Conversation Starter

What a miserable, moaning bunch you all are. If all you have to offer is negativity then keep it to yourself.

I for one think it's a great idea.

If I were as negative as some of you guys I'd suggest we have a 'Most Miserable of the week' award.

Thank you TalkTalk. Ignore these people.

Constance1
Conversation Starter
What a sorry life you must lead if you are so pleased to get a badge for being good from a company which has just treated you so abominably . We are not in the Scouts/Girl Guides. Sadly it reminds me of an image of a puppy who licks the hand of the master who has just beaten it.
KPD48
Chatterbox

I really dont want badges, what I want is good service for what i'm paying. Its ok for TT to sponsor X Factor but how about looking after loyal customers with some good service.

moonbeam1690
Super Duper Contributor

some interesting, but true comments here

I'm no hacker, but i'm changing my wireless broadband provider, from Elsie at number 7, to Frank at number 5.

Chris Hollins, we have a situation here
moonbeam1690
Super Duper Contributor

Suppose we are lucky Billy Connolly,is not readin this site

P.S  did i say  site?

name spelt right  noo

I'm no hacker, but i'm changing my wireless broadband provider, from Elsie at number 7, to Frank at number 5.

Chris Hollins, we have a situation here
g1yij
Popular Poster

I put all my complaints on twitter, it is the best way to avoid the badges, you do need mobile internet though just in case Talk Talk is down again.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
joeyboswell
UFO Customer

Sorry, have to laugh as the replies remind me of a certain film....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7txPU6efos

Regards

Boswell

RichardSavage
Insightful One

I am sorry, but I just have to agree with all the previously posted unfavourable comments, so, I am awarding the ......

hqdefault.jpg

....... badge!

~R.

............ IT'S THE ONLY THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, THE PAST!
DavidA23
Conversation Starter

Yeah, good idea to have that along side of the Kudos button. I could award plenty of them.

JB4now
First Timer

BADGES  as a new girl I have just found out about badges is this some kind of joke as I am getting on a bit I thought it was my imagination that T/T would be doing such a childish thing get positive T/T if you really want to please & reward us grownups  how about a discount or even sweeties

RichardSavage
Insightful One

FTAO ‘The Faceless One’

Next time you take it upon yourself to move a post, take care to read it properly first, and to notify the individual[s] affected by your action!

Along with the JB4now ’badges’ original, singular posting, my response was moved to this thread.

My response included a link to ……..............…. this thread.  That certainly made me look stupid, didn't it?

~R.

............ IT'S THE ONLY THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, THE PAST!
County
Super Duper Contributor

I see that TT Community have gone back to childrens television days, 1970's

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines

and now will be awarding us 'Muttley Medals!'