Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Newbie?

8 REPLIES 8
Xetog
Popular Poster

I just wanted to say Hi.  I have used TalkTalk for around 15 years and in spite of all the carping I see, I have to say that the service has been pretty good.  As a pensioner for the last 15+ years, the internet has turned into my lifeline as so many new features have been thought up by the IT crowd that I can do anything from track my bank account to ordering my shopping and from arranging a hospital appointment to ordering new medication.  I think it's grand and marvel at the new uses I see everyday that make my life easier.  Unfortunately, I was born when IT was in its infancy and it wasn't until my children were growing up that computers began to be available due to Sinclair.  Interested, I still managed to master a computer when the fiirm begun using the beasts at the start of the the Microsoft era, , so I can operate it fairly well, but I never mastered programming and the jargon that goes with it. As a member on here, I will attempt to keep up, but fogive me if I get it wrong.

Pensioner on line
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Xetog

No worries. Welcome to Community.

To keep in touch with everything that's going on in Community use the yellow Browse tab top left and you'll get to all the main posting places.  Blue Start a Topic button top left of the list of posts for the main forums is for when you want to post a question.

If your question is about your TalkTalk service then navigate via Browse to Help with your TalkTalk Service and select an appropriate forum.

There's lots of people here on Community to help you. Typically 3 - 4 thousand members logging on each day.

Enjoy.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

I think that @Xetog might well already know their way around Community a tad Gondola ....

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 18.39.24.gif

.....and I suspect the subject title used was maybe intended to suggest this!  Just a thought  :smileyface:

Your other post Xetog ...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Faulty-FAST5364/m-p/2225601

..... is awaiting a response to OCE Karl

Gondola
Community Star

Well there you are @Xetog, you've made your 7th post and already you've got good ol pensioner Richard (aka TheHornedOne - just to make him sound ferocious - but he's nice really) popping in to say hello in his own inimitable style!

Richard is a good helper. He's just spent the best part of 3 weeks helping Molly with some email account migrations.

If you would like his help just post @TheHornedOne in your email request.

Community Team
Hi Xetog

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community 🙂

Look forward to seeing you around 🙂 Any questions just ask away.

Debbie
Xetog
Popular Poster

Hi, thanks for all the replies, Although I did post several years ago, I had not appreciated that the community was such a social place.  Unfortunately, I am still having a struggle finding my way around.  I get on by logging into TalkTalk and scrolling to the bottom of the page so that I can click on 'Community'.  I have no idea if there is a better way as navigating from there seems to be a bit of a nightmare.  Is there demo somewhere or maybe an instruction page as to how the community is constructed?

Pensioner on line
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Xetog

What I do is set the Community Homepage as a favourite bookmark in my Internet browser. Then I just click on that and to log in just click on the sign-in icon where your avatar usually is top centre of the page.

If you explore the Community Homepage you'll see a lot of the features that make up the Community website including an Ideas area, a Blog and a link to the Help with your Talktalk service among other features.  When you're signed in there's a Welcome back message and just under that there's a link to check out a quick guide.  It's a short video that explains how Community might help you.

Right at the bottom right of the homepage is a link to the Guidelines.  But just explore from the homepage and wherever you land you'll still have the yellow browse tab to navigate from one area to another.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Further to Gommunity Star Gondolas comment about adding a Community / Home Bookmark to your Browser, another option might be to add a Shortcut - community.talktalk.co.uk - to your Desktop.

2018-07-15 18_27_41-.pngSHORTCUT

Get back to us if you need further help, with anything!

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

Have you now responded to the OCE_Karl request to enter the information required to assist you with the problems you outlined in your Faulty FAST5364 post @Xetog, because you do not appear to have acknowledged the fact, or do you need some help on how to go about accessing your Community Profile?

~T.H.O.