17 year old in court for hacking attack.

6 REPLIES 6
James007007
Conversation Starter

The 17 year old youth, who was just 16 when he alledgedly comprimised Talk talk's security systems, has appeared in court. Instead of punishment, would it be prudent to give the lad a job in Talk talk's security dept'?

RubyTuesday
Wizz Kid

Well done for spotting this, mate, TT have kept these developments pretty quiet. I suppose as the youth in question is only 17 the press can't print much about the case. I suspect he's just a pawn in the system though and the real culprits have yet to be identified. Let's hope this lad learns his lesson after a good shock in our creaking justice system which we have here in the UK.

(Where is spell checking in this new layout, BTW??)

- RubyTuesday
stephenadams
Conversation Starter

I think that he should be privately prosecuted by TalkTalk, for the milions lost due to this break in method whch he published, even if he did not make money out of it himself.

This would hopefully stop people breaking into other peoples systems,for fun, which leads to lots of heart ache for thousands of others.

If he wanted to show his aptitude, he should have contacted TalkTalk instead.

Financial compensation needs to be obtained for these break-ins from the criminals caught, not reward them.

RubyTuesday
Wizz Kid

Reported in the Guardian and elsewhere this morning. Apparently this youth identified a vulnerability in TT's system and the news got out. He didn't benfit personally, did it for the esteem. As he's just 17 no custodial sentence, all that happened is that his phone and computer hard disk were confiscated, and he was told not to do it again!

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/teen-talktalk-hacker-who-also-12313431

- RubyTuesday
James007007
Conversation Starter

I did suggest Talktalk give the lad a job. He's obviously way ahead of the technicians currently employed by them....

stephenadams
Conversation Starter

How about prosecuting him for all the misery and millions of pounds loss, that he caused???

He should never be employed in the IT industry as he is irresponsible and does not have the customer/ company trust you need to work there.

RubyTuesday
Wizz Kid

Now I read in the Daily Mail that the culprit has now been jailed for four years. That took long enough!

- RubyTuesday