cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Facebook owned apps (Facebook, Instagram and pictures in Whatsapp) not connecting via Wifi

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

I have recently had a TalkTalk Broadband installed, which works on laptops and my other half's mobile no problem at all. However on my phone the Facebook app, Instagram app, and pictures on Whatsapp are not able to work using the Wifi.

I have tried resetting the router three times, there is no HomeSafe/KidsSafe on, I have a D-Link DSL3782 which I see the TalkTalk website says will need no upgrades, yet despite this none of these apps work. 

There is no issue on other Wifi (at work all of these work fine via their Wifi) and it is all fine on 3/4G, which has left me thinking it is something to do with the router here.

I see from other threads that people have tried to change DNS settings (which is not possible via this router when I log into it), tried to change IPV-6/4 settings (which I don't seem to be able to do) and I am at a loss. Have already spoken to TalkTalk over the phone but though very helpful they didn't know what to do other than talk me through what I'd already done.

Can someone give me some advice please? Thanks, Dave

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
we have same router daughter had same problem login to router settings wan advanced settings change to oppose save and that worked for us
Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks - where do you mean 'oppose save'? This is what I see on my advanced settings for WAN. ThanksThis is what I see on WAN Advanced SettingsThis is what I see on WAN Advanced Settings

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if all the apps affected on your phone have been updated?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi OCE_Debbie,

Yes all of the apps are updated - I made sure they were to make sure that this wasn't the problem.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a HG633 router for testing purposes to see how this compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes please, if you think that's the best way to work out what's going on with the service.

Also noticed the Twitter app is the same (and fully updated as well).

Thanks,

Dave

Highlighted

Hi dave808

I've ordered a HG633 router. 

Should be with you in a few days. 

Let us know how it goes.