NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops every day

Tomwebb64
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I recently joined talktalk (line activation was almost 3 weeks ago) and over the last 2 weeks my Internet has been disconnecting at random times, usually multiple times a day. I had an engineer come round the same day as the line activation and he fixed my master socket as there was a damp issue, for the first week the Internet was fast and had 0 drops. With around 3 days to go until the end of the 2 week stabilisation period, the Internet began to disconnect from the Internet (the router light would go from white to flashing Amber), and this persisted intermitently for a few hours. Then each day since then there have been atleast a few (sometimes a lot of) disconnections per day. They only last about a minute each but can really get in the way of my work. I have contacted  customer services twice, the first time was before the stabilisation period had finished so they told me to contact them again if it was still happening afterwards. So I did, and was told that some changes were made and that the problem was fixed. Although it did reduce the amount of cutouts, I still get a few, usually late at night. The last cutout was at 4:12 am, and was wondering if anyone else could help with the issue.

I've had a line test run 4-5 times and each time was told that everything was fine.(although as the cutouts happen so quickly, I have not been able to test during one) 

I have the sagecom fast 5364 router.

I do not have a land-line so cannot check for sound on the line and the dropouts can't be caused by phone calls.

Thank you in advanced. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

Glad to hear the connection has been more stable.

Regards,

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13
Hi sorry for the late reply, I've been away and forgot to check when I got back, the issue seems to have subsided and I have not had any dropouts since returning. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Tomwebb64,

If you remove the faceplate of the master socket that your router is currently connected to, does this disconnect the other master socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
Have been doing some searching around, I have 2 master sockets next to each other, could this be the underlying cause, or is this perfectly fine? They are both mastersocket 5C's although one is connected to the other which is wired to the incoming cable. My router is connected to the one with the direct connection.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13
Hi, I do not have a spare router, however I can test out the test socket, how long should I leave the broadband connected to the test socket?
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Tomwebb64,

Thanks for trying this, we can now focus on the intermittent connection. The line test is detecting a fault close to the property. Just to confirm, do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Does the master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Have now recieved my landline and have plugged it in and there is a faint hiss but no intermittent noise.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13
Hi, still waiting on my landline.
Today I have been having issues with both dropping connection and slow speed.
My speed is currently 6 mbps, well below my guaranteed minimum of 49mbps.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Tomwebb64

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13
Hi Debbie, I don't know anyone who can lend me a land-line but I have just ordered one to test the line. It will arrive on Wednesday, I will get back to you on whether there is noise on the line.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Tomwebb64

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

It would be worth ruling out any issues with your landline service as this can affect the broadband connection, even if the phone is not in use.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone just for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

That does sound like the hub is losing connection with the exchange or fibre cabinet. I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

0 Likes