Did you mean: 
Need help?

Porting landline number VoIP

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
jdx90
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Just looking into VoIP and SipGate basic - they advise that you can port existing landline numbers to their VoIP service and route calls to your number etc.

If I was to go ahead and do this, would this affect my TT service with fibre broadband? How would it work once my landline number is on a VoIP platform? Would I receive a new number for the landline (this I do not mind).

Advice would be great, 

thanks.

jdx90
Conversation Starter

Is anyone able to help with this?

Cheers

ferguson
Community Star

Your TalkTalk broadband service is bundled with and delivered down your phoneline. You cannot port your phone number independently of your broadband service.

jdx90
Conversation Starter

Can TalkTalk not issue a new phone number leaving my existing one to move over to SipGate?

All my package includes is broadband and line only. I should be free to have my phone number used with a different provider? 

Or can I ask TalkTalk for a new line and would that carry a fee?

ferguson
Community Star

To be honest the only way I can see you proceeding as you seem to wish i.e. if you want to transfer your existing number to a VOIP service is: migrate your existing TalkTalk service; start a new TalkTalk service. 

I have flagged this up to the support team to advise further and moved it to the Billing section, it is not a phone issue as such.

jdx90
Conversation Starter

Thank you - I would wish to remain with TalkTalk but ideally have my phone service via VoIP service.

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi jdx90

I agree with Ferguson, by porting the number away, it would be seen as a cancellation request, (this would carry a cancellation fee also)

You would then need to reorder the service with us as a New line with a new number. 

Sorry.