NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Boost - Faster Fibre ( Shocking Customer service )

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 9

Account# REMOVED

After spending two hours on chat this weekend , being passed on from the "Loyalty Team" to the "Tech Team" and back to the "Loyalty Team" and back to the "Tech Team" I am not surprised that I got nowhere.

We moved to TalkTalk after being with SKY for 6 years after a so called great deal on Black Friday. Promised speed by the tech team for our line is minimum 39 Mbps and maximum 54 Mbps, I am on the minimum speed inspite of having opted for Speed Boost which we are paying extra for, the tech team reset my router to default settings twice and that is all they did and with obviously no improvement in our "Faster Fibre" speed. Being with TalkTalk for just one day and the tech team gave me the scripted jargon "The minimum guranteed speed is 39 Mbps" to which I said I am happy with that but thats why I have speed boost which should give me more speed. I recorded the chat support and I can post the same if anyone is interested.I asked to cancel my speed boost and refund me the amount as I wasnt getting any extra speed to which I was told I am not going to get a refund and if I cancel my speed boost my current minimum guranteed speed will go down even more....what???? I had heard horror stories about TalkTalk and can confirm that I am in the middle of one of them.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Ash,

We do have ab internal process here for feedback and we will give feedback to any teams or agents we think are following the wrong process.

Thanks

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks! The Tech Team definitely needs training and the Loyalty team is supposed to keep the customer interested and offer a solution not just cancel the subscription and leave the customer frustrated. If you get a chance and have access please read through the chat logs on my account with the Online Chat Team, you will be surprised how different and frustrating the experience is compared to you guys.

Ash

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Ash,

Glad the speed has improved now.

If a customer upgrades to the faster fibre, turning the router off for 20 or 30 minutes allows the current session to end and a new session to start at the higher speed.

Apologies this was not advised earlier.

Regards,

Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Update - I looked at the other threads on the forum and tried shutting down my router for 30 mins, glad to report that my speed now is 46 Mbps. I am happy with that and can confirm HD content on Netflix doesnt blur out like before. This issue can be marked as resolved

Regards,

Ash

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks Arne!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @AshAlex

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply, I have done the needful

Ash

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi AshAlex,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

0 Likes