cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Talk talk e mail accountwon't send e-mail when using windows 8 and microsoft ? help ?

7 REPLIES
MattMagor
First Timer

I am having problems setting up my talk talk e mail account on a newly purchased desk top with windows 8.It will receive email but not send?  .The   talk talk e mail will only work if I access the talk talk site directly via the browser. I have also wondered if setting up e mail could be done via an outlook account but the advice on talk talk web site says it only has the set up detail for windows 7 not windows 8. I am rapidly loosing the will to live -can any one help?

KCA
Popular Poster

Hi.

I have finally got my outlook working sending/receiving but not with the settings from talktalk, to be honest they are not interested as they say windows 8 mail is third party software not there own:

Incoming Port  143

Outgoing Port  25

Outgoing Server SSL:    tick box

Authentication :    Do not tick

I can now send and Receive email's.

Community Team

Hi MattMagor,

Has the advice from the community answered your query ?

Do you require any further help or assistance ? 

Thanks

Karl
MattMagor
First Timer

Thanks for your advice,The e mail is now sitting in my out box but still hasnt sent -not sure what else to try ???

MattMagor
First Timer

Hi still having difficulties re setting up talk talk e mail with windows 8 using the advice supplied on the talk talk web site. not sure what else to do ? whish I'd stuck to windows 7 machine which worked fine

Community Team
KCA
Popular Poster

Try unticking the SSL outgoing server as well as the Authentication my mail worked with ssl ticked so i kept it ticked

Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher

SSL should be on for windows 8 you should be using the settings for IMAP not the older POP mail, windows 8 supports IMAP only