Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi Disabled

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
First Timer

Hey guys, Looking to see if there is a fix for an issue im having or if I'm going to have to wait for tech support to do something on there end.

I recently changed plans, going from Simpe broadband to Faster Fiber. The switch over was on the 7th and i recieved my new hub (Fast 5364-3.T8) i few day prior to that.

I set up the hub on the day i recieved it, connected to my internet both wirelessly and ethernet and it worked fine.

Since the day of the switch over my wifi no longer works, no device can find the SSID and the only way i can connect to the internet is through ethernet cables.

I logged into the hub through admin and it shows that the internet connection is fine but the wifi section is disabled (If you want to enable Wi-Fi please click button directly below.) I have gone onto this and disabled/enabled the wifi, went ito the settings of both bands and disabled/enabled, soft and hard reset my router, factory reset the router and still this wifi setting stays disabled.

Device info below

Device Info

Cable Modem Serial Number - N7180784N005983
Hardware Version - FAST5364 3.00
Software Version - SG4K10001400t
GUI Version - 1.152.6
System Up Time - 02h45m02s
Cable Modem MAC Address - 34:6B:46:AA:36:0F

Wi-Fi

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi SSID - TALKTALKAA3615
Status - Disabled
Uptime - --
 MAC address
Mode - 802.11 b,g,n
Security - WPA2 Personal

5.0 GHz Wi-Fi SSID TALKTALKAA3615
Status - Disabled
Uptime - --
 MAC address
Mode - 802.11 n,ac
Security - WPA2 Personal

I have spent a few hours in live chat going round in circles and now waiting on a phone call tomorrow. Is this on there end or mine?

My only theory and its a wild guess at best is because i used this hub and was connected to its SSID with my old broadband before the switch over, it somehow got disabled when the turned it off and the new plan on?

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated 🙂

Highlighted
First Timer
Never got that call 😕 ... Still sitting on no wifi
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have the exact same issue. just been off the chat to talktalk tech team, now waiting for their other team to call me.

I loaded into the router via IP & the wifi shows as disabled, but the Enabled/Disabled button is green to show it should be enabled.

For me this issue happened at 8:30pm Saturday evening, the router lost interet connection and when it came back, the wifi was disabled.

Possible firmware update gone wrong? Thats my guess. 

Highlighted
First Timer

I am having the exact same problem. Except mine is a new account - also Fiber. Also activated on 7 June. It stopped working around 11:30pm last night. I spent all day on the chat with people - only for them to tell me that no one can come out to look at it until 15th June!! Did you ever resolve your problem?

Highlighted
First Timer

I am having the exact same problem. Except I didn't switch my services. Mine is a brand new account. Also fiber. Also activated on 7 June. I spent all day on and off with tech support to no avail. They said they could send someone out to look at it on the 15th June!!! Not good enough. Did you get your problem resolved ?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Luke,

Can your Community Profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris 

Highlighted

Hi MrsNorman14,

Can you start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer
"Profile Updated" Had a call back arranged for a certain time n date but didn't get it. Just 1 missed call on the wrong day and time. Wifi still disabled
Highlighted
First Timer

wifi 4.png

Highlighted

Hi Luke_G

I've added your details to my list.

Our devices teams are looking into this now and testing routers from a different batch.  Once we are sure of the issue we will then get a replacement router out to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted

Hi @Luke_G

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

We are having the exact same problem! I have been talking to people from 8am to 3pm and got no where, just telling me to do the same thing over and over again. I logged a complaint as we are also new customers!

Highlighted
Popular Poster

We are having the exact same problem! I have been talking to people from 8am to 3pm and got no where, just telling me to do the same thing over and over again. I logged a complaint as we are also new customers!

@Luke_G wrote:

Hey guys, Looking to see if there is a fix for an issue im having or if I'm going to have to wait for tech support to do something on there end.

I recently changed plans, going from Simpe broadband to Faster Fiber. The switch over was on the 7th and i recieved my new hub (Fast 5364-3.T8) i few day prior to that.

I set up the hub on the day i recieved it, connected to my internet both wirelessly and ethernet and it worked fine.

Since the day of the switch over my wifi no longer works, no device can find the SSID and the only way i can connect to the internet is through ethernet cables.

I logged into the hub through admin and it shows that the internet connection is fine but the wifi section is disabled (If you want to enable Wi-Fi please click button directly below.) I have gone onto this and disabled/enabled the wifi, went ito the settings of both bands and disabled/enabled, soft and hard reset my router, factory reset the router and still this wifi setting stays disabled.

Device info below

Device Info

Cable Modem Serial Number - N7180784N005983
Hardware Version - FAST5364 3.00
Software Version - SG4K10001400t
GUI Version - 1.152.6
System Up Time - 02h45m02s
Cable Modem MAC Address - 34:6B:46:AA:36:0F

Wi-Fi

2.4 GHz Wi-Fi SSID - TALKTALKAA3615
Status - Disabled
Uptime - --
 MAC address
Mode - 802.11 b,g,n
Security - WPA2 Personal

5.0 GHz Wi-Fi SSID TALKTALKAA3615
Status - Disabled
Uptime - --
 MAC address
Mode - 802.11 n,ac
Security - WPA2 Personal

I have spent a few hours in live chat going round in circles and now waiting on a phone call tomorrow. Is this on there end or mine?

My only theory and its a wild guess at best is because i used this hub and was connected to its SSID with my old broadband before the switch over, it somehow got disabled when the turned it off and the new plan on?

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated 🙂

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, I have just received the new wifi hub and have exactly the same problem. Internet works via ethernet to PC, but wifi is disabled and cannot be enabled via router log in on PC. Have spent over three and a half hours on two webchats and haven't got anywhere. They constantly ask the same questions several times and are just reading from a script. I am more "tec savvy" than they are! They are not even familiar with the new wifi hub! It's absolutely ridiculous. It's very simple, wifi is disabled and cannot be enabled, nothing to do with anything else. Sorry, just a rant towards the chat operators.

Please help?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi croasdale23

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi, I have started my own thread