TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£5 TV Film rental Voucher - displaying on MY TV but unable to redeem

XYZ123ABC
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Dear community, 

My £5 voucher for July was showing on My TV in July, I tried to redeem the voucher against a film rental in July and received the message "incorrect Voucher Code"  the code was entered in upper case and it did not work.

On 1 August my TV is displaying the £5 Voucher code for August. I have again tried to redeem this voucher code against a rental and received the same error message "Incorrect Voucher Code".

I tried this against various films priced between 4.95 and £5.50 and receive the same message.

For completeness i have also tried renting films via talktalktv.co.uk and after entering the voucher code I receive the same message "Incorrect Voucher Code".

I have restarted my TV box and have also checked to see if it has the latest software and the box says it is up to date. Please can you advise me next steps.

This is the first time i have attempted to rent a film from talk talk and i have spent longer then the duration of the film trying to resolve this issue to no avail.

Any ideas on how to resolve will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

I've checked your account and the TV charge is not present, so this is correct, only customers who subscribe to TalkTalk TV can receive the free voucher.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your message. 

I am not sure if  I receive an itemised charge for TV, however I have a recordable box and a comprehensive package. I am also unsure if I am not entitled to the code why is it being displayed on My TV? this is a little disappointing.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi @XYZ123ABC  &  @NeedSomeHelp

My contact has just replied. The reason you are not able to redeem the code is you do not have the £4 TV charge applied to your account. Only customers who have the added TV charge are eligible for the free TV Voucher code.

Have either of you recerntly had the TV charge removed, or upgraded or changed package etc and asked that this charge was removed etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

The code is correct.  There have been a lot of voucher redeptions for August so far and our teams have tested the code this morning and it is working, so looks to be an individual issue with your account rather than a global issue. Our platform vendor is looking at your account for me now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Good morning Karl,

Thank you for your email.

In July i tried to use the code JUL54RENT

In August i tried to use the code AUG55RENT

Best wishes

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi

Can you please confirm the code you are entering ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Hi @NeedSomeHelp 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as Staff will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the Staff can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

NeedSomeHelp
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Me too!

Someone please help us.

0 Likes

NeedSomeHelp
First Timer
Message 9 of 10

Me too!!

0 Likes