TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei DN372T box - Right hand red light now permanently on

stevieg77
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I am experiencing an unusual issue with my DN372T YouView Box. The furthest right Red light is now permanently staying on. I was able to switch the box on initially, and it successfully woke up but after the initial flashing across the three lights, the red light remained and was unable to use the remote control. Originally tried multiple times restarting the box, resetting the remote control and checking Ariel/HDMI connectors and the same issue remained.

I then attempted a factory reset which has now got stuck because I am unable to use the remote control once the system has restarted and the buttons on the box cannot be used at this stage.

If anyone could please provide any help or advice on what I could do now it would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The box is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

stevieg77
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

Yes if could please send me a replacement box. The lack of ability to record is not a problem.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

I can issue a replacement box however we no longer provide the recording box and this will be the DN360T model.

Would you like me to send this ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

stevieg77
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl,

The remote seems to be able to perform generic functions set up with the TV such as switching on and changing the volume.  I can't think it could be anything other than the box. Have attached a photo of the box. The far right light does not switch off (its actually red/purple but the lighting on the photo a bit funny).

Thanks 

Steve

YVBox.jpg

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

This is an unusual issue. Do you think it is the remote itself that is failing or the box ?  Has the remote operated other functions etc ?  Would you like to try a replacement remote ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes