TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSS OF TV SOUND AND VISION

charlieboy99
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

I have an intermittent fault with my TV box. I am losing both sound and vision. The frequency is completely random, sometimes daily and sometimes no problem for a week or more. I have the recording box which is no longer supported by TT and suspect that if I contact TT customer support the box will be condemned and replaced with a new box without the ability to record. This is why I am positing here on the forum.

Does anyone have a remedy to correct the fault so that I can keep the box?

In more detail this is what happens. When changing a program either by using the program guide or pressing the number on the hand control the TV screen goes blank and silent. No amount of button pressing works. BUT I can still press the blue Youview button, select apps and watch Now TV. BBC iPlayer etc.

There is a cure. Unplug from the mains, wait a short time, reconnect and swich the TV box on. It goes though the long waking up and loading procedure and full functionality is restored – for a while. Any suggestions please.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Your agreement is directly with Now TV, and if you cancel any part of TalkTalk services, you will still be able to access Now TV services.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

charlieboy99
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl.

I subscribe to the Now TV entertainment package. If I cancel TT TV will I still be able to access Now TV through another PVR?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

It's not possible to attach any recording device to the box, and we can only supply the non recording box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

charlieboy99
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl

Thanks for your reply. I have tried both the maintenance reset and the factory reset. In fact, the fault is now more frequent.

I assume that if I contact TT support, I will be supplied with a non-recording box. Is it possible to attach a recording device to the TT TV box? If not I shall cancel TT TV and buy my own PVR.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

you can try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if this helps.

If this fails then the next option is to try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

If none of these options work, then the box itself is failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes