TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Sound and picture pixelates while watching BT & Sky Sports

Chunkyis
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

While watching BY or Sky Sports through my talktalk box, the sound drops and picture pixelates momentarily every few minutes. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

I've asked my network colleagues to have a look at my findings and the Openreach report and give me a second opinion.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 15

Hi Karl  I'm starting to pull my hair out now and I'm sure you're about to do the same but please stick with me. BT/OpenReach Engineer attended this morning,  did all the tests which all came back OK apart from some very minor errors which be said were more than acceptable.  He said he thought it was a Bandwidth problem and that reducing the number of connected devices should solve any further problems.  The same thing started happening during Arsenal's game with Liverpool tonight so I disconnected/turned off every wired and wireless device connected to the broadband apart from the talktalk TV box which is hard wired to the router with a new lead.   Even with no other devices running,  the sound continued to drop out and picture pixelate and freeze.  I'll keep the recording again should yet another engineer be required.  Any further thoughts my friend ???

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Brilliant - Thanks again Karl !

Message 4 of 15

Hi

Engineer Booked for Wed 15th (tomorrow) AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 15

Hi Karl,  Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays are best for me but after 2pm on Mondays and Thursdays are also good. 

Many thanks 

Paul

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

All my usual line tests are passing here, but i've pulled the DLM logs from the BT system for the past 72hrs and there are some errored seconds showing throughout the day.  Not high errors, only in single figures but these are consistent at all times every day so an engineer will be required.

what days are best for an engineer visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 15

Hi Karl,  I've installed the replacement talktalk tv box with the new leads enclosed but I'm afraid the problem is still the same.  I have noticed that it seems to do it more regularly during evening football games when I would imagine there is peak Internet use.  I watched a lunch time kick off and it only did it three or four times during the entire game, were as at other times, it's cutting out every minute or so, which is very annoying.  I've saved recordings for any future engineer visit should you deem that to be the next course of action. 

Many thanks 

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

I'll swap out the TV Box and see if that is at fault.  Replacement is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Karl, Set the replacement Super Router up today using the enclosed new leads but I'm afraid it's continuing to do it.

Regards 

Paul 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15
Many thanks Karl
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

I'm going to swap out the router first, to make sure there are no issues with this dropping the igmp data for the IPTV signal.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi Debbie, 

Yes it's wired direct to the router and I've checked the connections are secure.  I've also ruled out a lead fault by trying different leads.

This is a long standing problem which has come to the fore again now that I've been able to resume watching football.  I recently upgraded to Superfast broadband and have had a new super router and had a BT Engineer out who checked and re-wired my home to get my broadband upto speed. 

I can only think it's either a fault on the talktalk tv box which works fine on non subscription channels but keeps cutting out intermittently on BT & Sky Sports, or the broadband connection keeps cutting out for a split second every few minutes. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi Chunkyis

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is your TV box connected wired to the router or are you using power line adapters?

Are the cables all connected securely at the back of the TV box?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes