TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi room

vauxman1
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

Hello all, 

Is it possible to setup another youview box if purchased elsewhere to access your boost's, or do you have an engineer visit 🤔

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Same here 😊

Just need to use an app to control the box while at work if something on to record, tried the BT one but doesn't seem to connect to the box. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Aha, bad timing! At least you spotted it was a wider problem. Glad you've got it all working. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi 

All good with both youview boxes, so far working well together connected on the same line, the error yesterday was talktalk issues, typical I was setting the new box up and the error was present, which I wasn't aware of at the time with the ICP6009 code.

All good though so thanks for your help.,👍👍

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hello all, 

My other youview box has arrived, I have plugged in and it's setup, but the boost's aren't showing, just an error code. IPC6009.

Do you happen to know what this means 🤔

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

👍👍

Thanks for your help in this matter. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 18

No, just plug into the router, either direct or via powerlines and aerial and turn on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Looking forward to it now, 🙂

Hope it syncs up good,

Sorry to ask again, will i have to disconnect the original one first to setup the new one then reconnect the original back up. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

They will. I have 2 of these and 2 Humax boxes set up, and had boosts at one time.

Now I know multi room is included, a little known fact was that TalkTalk could not lock down retail boxes, so I had my boosts on a primary TalkTalk box and also a Humax one!

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

I will, 

It should be here by Wednesday the latest. 

Oh, don't know if it's relevant, I have a DN372T and just purchased another the same, I'm hopeful they will both work together on the same line, fingers crossed. 

Thanks all....👍👍

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

It should "just work," but any issues then post back here. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Cheers, 

I'm guessing the new box will set itself up once connected or do I have contact talktalk 🤔

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

@fr8ys No worries, it's hard to keep up with all the TV changes at times!  

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 13 of 18

@ferguson thanks. I'd totally forgotten that!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

@vauxman1 If you are paying the monthly TV fee then multiroom is included within that, so an added box should work fine while the Boosts remain available. 

Message 15 of 18

Maybe someone else can confirm as I'm not sure this still works, but when i had boosts a few years ago, if I selected a boost channel and the box was not my primary box, i got a message asking if I wanted to set the box as primary. I was able to switch between boxes but not view on 2 boxes at the same time.

Initially, when adding a second box I could view on 2 boxes, but every so often, TalkTalk run a routine to only allow one box at a time.In

as you say have a play around and you may find it works for you.

good luck.

Message 16 of 18

My boost's don't end until October. 

Just wandered if it's possible to set another box up on my line myself,.not sure if u can access the youview IP and configure.

Not tried anything as yet as ordered an additional box to play with.

I guess the now TV is the alternative eventually. 😕

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Boosts are only available on one box at a time without multiroom, but as boosts are being removed this year, I'd suggest now is not the time to pay for access to multiroom.

your best alternative would be to invest in NowTv, which can be accessed on multiple devices, without the need for paying for an engineer and additional associated costs.

unless there currently are recordings still to watch or channels you would not get on NowTV, you could then cancel your boost.

0 Likes