TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV charge and upgraded TV box

dollydee
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

I received an email last week about the new TV pricing and it stated if I took out a new contract I would receive an upgraded TV box for free which was a lot faster and easier to use than my current box. I renewed my contract this week and received my free box today. However it is not an upgraded TV box. The TV box I received was an Essentials TV box. I currently have a TV plus box so would not want to replace it with an Essentials TV box. I telephoned customer service to return the box and ask why I was not sent the upgraded TV box but only succeeded in getting a returns label for the box I received. My query seemed to be lost in translation! Not blaming the agent as I know I might not be the easiest person to understand. Anyone know if I should have received the upgraded box? I took out new contract  for 18 months with sky sports boost.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
Hi Karl
Thanks for your reply. I didn't think you would be able to keep them but thought I would ask. It's only really my Bruce Springsteen recordings I will miss but I'm sure they will be repeated at some time in the future!
Kind regards
Dee
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi

No way to transfer recordings at the moment.  

this is something that is being looked at for the future.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11
Hi Karl,
New box arrived today! Will return essentials box tomorrow. Haven't set it up yet. Will give you a progress report when we do! Don't suppose there is anyway to transfer recordings from old box? Only just thought about that today. Better check what I need to watch tonight!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11
Thank you very much for your help.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

That's brilliant Karl! Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi dollydee

The correct TV box is on the way to you along with a returns bag for the incorrect box.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 8 of 11
Hi Karl, I have added phone number to profile. Thanks for looking into it for me.
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi dollydee

Add your phone number to your Community Profile and I'll sort this out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @dollydee

I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

IMPORTANT

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes