TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from YouView box

IanB99
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

My YouView box has muted itself. I have tried rebooting the box, I have checked all the cables etc, and made sure that it is not muted on the remote. I know it is not the TV, every other input works perfectly - in fact, so did the YouView box this morning, but upon selecting that source later there was no sound. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing the recording box at the beginning of the year and now only provide the lite box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl.

Received my new box yesterday, however it does not have the facility to record, which my old box did. Are the record facility boxes still available?

Thanks.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 3 of 9

Hi @IanB99 

Just two thoughts, Press blue YV/Menu button on remote > Up to Settings (cog wheel) > Picture and Sound > HDMI Sound try changing it to Surround or Stereo, (the one which is not already selected). The other one to try changing is the Spdif setting similarly.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

IanB99
Team Player
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Karl, look forward to receiving it.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

Next option is to replace the box. I'll get one out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

IanB99
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

Tried the Maintenance Reset, still no sound..

Any further ideas would be welcome.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if the sound is restored.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes