Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OCE's £4 TV Charge Opt Out

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Hi OCE's can you opt me out of TV, I refuse to pay a charge, for a service I never use

I understand that I will not be able to use the service after that.

I dont use Sky.

I use FreeSat, using the satellite decoder in my smart TV.

Regards Sworfish97

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
lobs54
Team Player

About the £4 TV charge opt out, having just come off from the live chat team about opting out was told because I am a customer with a talktalk TV box I will have to pay the increased amount.

As I don't want the ability to add and remove any boosts nor won't the multi room option, so long as I have the same facilities ie freeview, on demand channels and record then if all this is possible I then would like to opt out. 

Surely this should be an opt in and not op out option!. 

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

OCE's I spoke with an agent, and she said she's remove TV from my package.

The chatline, also confirmed that this will be done and I have a transcript and print out of that chat.

OCE's for peace of mind would you confirm, that TV has been removed from my package, and I will not be charged £4 every month from next month.

Thanks Swordfish97

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

This looks to have been processed for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks Karl, I was just making sure that had been actioned, and not being fobbed off with a promis that it had. I'm deeply suspicious of promises from TT, after having issues with agents last week over speed, and wasting over 1.5 hrs of my time.

Eventually, I had a TT manager look at those issues, and an Openreach engineer was arranged who sorted my problems out, which as I had already highlighted where outside my property.

Yesterday, regarding this TV opt out, I just needed the reassurance that this had been actioned, as quite honestly, I dont always beleive what I am told through past experiences with TT agents.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE