TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline Adapters PT200AV (HUAWEI)

rickynumber18
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi there. I hope you're all having a good whatever you celebrate (or not) at this time of year.

I just wondered if anyone could help me with my TT powerline adapters? I've read through stacks on the Forums and the 'net but what I really need is a definitive guide to the adapters I've got, not later or alternative models (or white versions).

Last week my powerline adapters appeared to stop working properly. I have 2 downstairs (1 attached to the modem) and 1 attached to my PC. Upstairs I have 5 in various rooms. I've had them for years with no issue and they work really well.

Last week my devices (TVs, set top boxes etc) stopped recognising them and I realised that some adapters were no longer showing the home network light so I gathered them all up into one place and reset them (via the pair button for 6 seconds as per the 'net). This worked just fine. Each adapter was removed from my home network. 

I then reconnected 1 to my modem and paired the remainder 1 at a time to the 'master' powerline. However I was a little rusty and after searching the 'net I found multiple instructions but I opted for pressing the pair button on the 'master' powerline for 1 second and then the power button on the 'slave' powerline also for one second (I did this 1 powerline at a time). This appeared to work and when I plugged all the adapters in temporarily downstairs I got the home networks lights on. To further test I plugged each 'slave' into my computer and was able to surf just fine. A speed test on each produced good results.

Now my problem! Despite having multiple adapters on the first floor of my home for donkeys years they now don't work when I walk them up the stairs! No problems on the ground floor but no hope on the first floor where they previously worked just fine.  I either get no home network light at all, it will appear briefly and then go with the device says unidentified network or it's red and very slow. If I take them back downstairs, no problems.

I haven't done anything to my consumer unit and both circuits cross within the busbars. Equally I have nothing at all new plugged in that could be causing interference. No Xmas lights, nothing.

Has anyone got any ideas or perhaps can point me in the direction of accurate pairing info for the black Huawei PT200AV adapters? I must be doing something wrong. Thank you so much! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi there Freddie. HNY! Thanks for your message. I've spent most of my Xmas break trying to fix the problem.

I've had my PLAs for years trouble free and then about a week or so ago I found the PLAs on the first floor were no longer on the home network. I've tried everything I can find on Google.

My ground and first floor circuits are on two separate breakers but the PLA network has always worked perfectly and speedily. I'm completely at a loss as to why this has happened out of the blue. 🤷‍♂️

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

@rickynumber18 

Have you tried turning off the Consumer box for about 5 minutes then turning back on again? A lot of PLA's do not play nice with crossing breakers so I'm wondering if you have had a power cut which could be interfering with your network.

I do agree with @KeithFrench about the possible options available to you though although you may find the same problem.

I take it that you have tried Googling the problem.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

I would suggest that you look to buy some new ones then.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

rickynumber18
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi there Keith. Thanks for your message.

My problem has kind of come out of nowhere. I've had the PL adapters for some time, initially a set from TT and then I bought more elsewhere. They 100% work, downstairs but not upstairs. BUT, this is new. I've had them working just fine over two floors for years and years but in the last week the PL adapters upstairs just don't connect to the home network anymore. I tried resetting and re-pairing but no luck. As I said, I have nothing new plugged in on either floor. I'm just stumped.

It's a real head scratch.

Cheers. Richard.         

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

These are now very old & were only ever supplied via TalkTalk for a very short time, so I have no personal experience of them. Where did you get them from & how long ago?

When they are all downstairs, if OK & then you move them upstairs & they fail, from initial thoughts this would indicate a problem with your mains electric wiring. However, as a generic statement some power line adapters can struggle to work across multiple electric ring circuits (separate downstairs & upstairs fuse/circuit breakers in your electric consumer unit). They also do not work well if plugged into surge protectors, but they may work at a much reduced speed in extension leads, so always best plugged directly into electric wall outlets.

As non of them work when taken upstairs the other most likely culprit is the power line adapter that is downstairs.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?