TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programs not recording, can't play back recordings, lost Freeview

Ed1987
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Since Sunday I have been experiencing the following issues with my Huawei/YouView TalkTalk box:

1. I can't play back recorded programs.

2. Recordings now fail to record anything.

Everything else works absolutely fine.  I have performed a factory reset on the box (keeping saved recordings) but this has not resolved the problem.

I have also noticed that I have now 'lost' my FreeView channels.  This is not a problem as I can still watch TV through TalkTalk.  But when I tune the TV no channels are ever found.  I am wondering if this issue is somehow linked to the issues I am having with the TalkTalk box?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Ed1987

Did you follow the reset advice from fr8ys?  Has this helped ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The only thing left to try is a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but if the hard drive is repairable this will fix it.

also TalkTalk no longer supply recordable boxes in exchange if you are eligible, so this is the only way to reset your box and hope to get the recording function back.

as for your tv not getting the signal, you need to reset the antenna out again.

Select menu or the blue button from your TV remote

If you can see settings on the far right select this. If not and you have a cog wheel in the top right hand corner, Use the up arrow to select the cog and then Ok.

From here you should see on the 2 row of tiles a category called Picture and Sound. Select this.

Then you should see Antenna Out on the bottom row. Select this and turn the off to on. Then select done.

Your TV should now have a signal and show the channels.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes