TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set top box - freezing and other issues

DavidWH
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have an Huawei DN372T set top box - approx. 4 years old. The TalkTalk Service Centre shows the link to my TV is working as expected.

Problems encountered - with increasing frequency over the last couple of months:- 

Screen blank (more often than not) on start up - (have to re-start/set up the box);   Pixelating (all channels) eventually disappears;   Picture freezes (all channels) but sound continues - not as common as the other faults (use fast forward on controller);   Sluggish response to controller happens most days now - normally degenerates to freezing totally (re-start/set up the box).

Note the same fault can be resolved then re-appear in one evening - sometimes more than once!

Solutions tried - in addition to the comments above, I have also:-

carried out 2 re-sets - the last one was a complete Factory re-set 3 days ago followed by a re-set of the controller and changing the batteries - it worked perfectly for 1 day(!) then freezing and blank screens quickly re-appeared.

I've skimmed in vain through a lot of Community posts to see if I'm missing a trick - but to be honest I'm so tired of not being able to rely on it - as I have done for so long, that what I'd really like is some kind person to take it away and give me one that just sits quietly in the corner of the room and does it's job!

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the beginning of the year and now only provide the Lite Box to all new and existing customers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

DavidWH
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl - the new box has arrived - it's a Huawei DN360T (which doesn't record) and was supplied when I first signed up with Talktalk.

This was replaced 1 year ago by a DN372T which I paid £30 for and does record.

I apologise for inadvertently misleading you in my post - I had forgotten about the upgraded box.

Could you please arrange for a DN372T to be sent? - if box replacement is still the recommended solution.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

David 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

DavidWH
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl much appreciated!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'll get a TV box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes