TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports on talktalk box not NOW.

Floridalady
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

We had an email last month to say that sky sports through our talktalk box will be ending at the end of Feb and if we wanted to continue we would have to sign up with NOW.

We did that with a voucher code, but sky sports is still working ands we are being charged £38 for it on top of the £20 for the NOW tv.

When is the talktalk version of sky sports ending?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

The account holder can call our Teams directly on 0345 172 0088 or use live chat to request that any TV boosts are removed.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Floridalady
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 5

Hi, 

I'm her son, I can see whats confused her, the 28th is her upgrade to fibre, she thought she would lose sky sports that day.

She would like to remove the boost but in her account it says she's on a package that does not include talktalk tv, even though she has a box and has always had it, can you tell us how to remove the sky sports boost.

Thanks.

Here is a copy of the email.

We’ve got some great news. We can see that you’ve been getting great use out of your TalkTalk service on ***********. To make sure you get the best service possible we’re working on upgrading you to Fibre broadband, which offers faster Wi-Fi speeds and to give you inclusive landline and mobile calls all at no extra cost.

Additionally your International Boost is being replaced by International Max Calls Boost which includes up to 1500 monthly minutes to 50 countries. The boost will be free for 12 months and £14 thereafter, for more information please visit talktalk.co.uk/about-boosts.

If you don’t already have Unlimited UK Calls Boost, we will add this to your package. It allows free domestic calls anytime to UK landlines and mobiles (60 minute usage cap). Overall you monthly charge will remain the same.

We also let you know recently about some changes to your TV services, as a reminder you will lose access to the SKY TV channels currently included in your Plus TV package. However, you will still be able to access all free to air channels, apps and players, and you can still pause and rewind live TV through your YouView box. If you would like to continue accessing the premium channels, you can do this through an optional NOW Membership. To find out more, please visit the offers and upgrades section within My Account.

As part of this process an Openreach engineer may give you a quick call on your switch over date which is Monday 28 February 2022 to let you know the exact time they will be upgrading your broadband service to fibre. You may lose connection whilst the engineer connects the new line, but this shouldn’t be for anymore than fifteen minutes.

We’ll get back to you soon to let you know if we’ve been able to carry out the improvements.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Floridalady

The TV Boosts will all end in the near future, so I would advise you to cancel any existing TV Boosts via My Account and take up the offers we have for vouchers through Now TV.

I do not have a confirmed date as to when these will end, but they will be ending soon.  If you do have a copy of the email, I can feed this back for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

This seems to be very muddled communication from TalkTalk. Did they give you a specific date when it would end and also advise what, if anything you should do about your ongoing Boost subscription? When was your most recent payment taken? If you care to post a copy of the email while redacting any personal information that would be helpful. 

0 Likes