TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus Box randomly freezes for 20 secs

Theostream10
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

Message for Karl,

As you know, the replacement TV Plus Box I purchased about a year and a half ago has a freezing problem associated with both recording and playback (typically once a day - but worst case, up to 4 times per hour) - it also has occasional issues which require a disk format (and loss of recordings - not an ideal option).

Back in February, you e-mailed me regarding your teams looking into a future replacement, which we would be informed about when it emerged. I hung on, but about two months ago I had had enough of the box, and purchased a Manhattan T3-R - which works perfectly, and gives me 4k HDR YouTube.

As the TV Plus box has never worked properly (as you know from my Community entries), I would like to arrange  its return for a refund against my account (my account would then be purely Broadband and Phone - it effectively already is, as I cancelled the Entertainment package).

Could you arrange this for me?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Any purchases from the online store have to be dealt with via the Store and you can contact them, but we cannot issue a refund.

There is a TV charge currently added and you can have our loyalty colleagues remove this for you.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Theostream10
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl,

I appreciate that I have had the box for 18 months, but the fault was reported within 2 days of receipt (as it was with the first box sent, which had an identical fault). The first box was replaced immediately - in the case of the second, I was offered no replacement (essentially, no response from tech support). In February, you e-mailed me indicating that your teams were attempting to source an alternative box, and we would be informed when one was found; this e-mail was the only thing which stopped me requesting return/refund at the time (the box was still under a year old at that point). My mistake seems to have been to tollerate the product, and give TalkTalk plenty of time to sort it out.

On the question of my account - I am assuming that, given the 'Flexible Boosts' structure you now use, there is no downgrade path on my account (I no longer have any active flexible TV boosts - and I assume that there is no longer any fixed charge associated with the TV option). Could you please verify.

Cheers

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

As the box was purchased from the online store over 18 months ago, we are unable to offer a refund for the box. 

For any services charges for TV, you can give our customer teams a call and they can remove or downgrade any services from your account after a brief security verification check.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes