TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV UPgrade

Ani1234
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 2

I have recently had to upgrade my TV as it is over 12 years old now and the picture quality is very cloudy at times. My Issue is I am very scared of new things not working due to compatibility. I am currently waiting for the arrival of my Smart 4K Ultra HD TV and it suggests using the Sandstrom Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, but will my talk talk box be compatible for this as I do not recall talk talk asking me what TV I had. And will I have to go through the Technical team as my last experience was awful and it took hours to get my freeview box  to work, or will this be simply  swap all cables on to the new TV and turn on and all will be well ? And will I need to purchase this Sandstrom Fast HDMI Cable and Ethernet to enable my TV to work.

A Gore
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

a standard HDMI cable should do, and unless your internet speeds are over 100mb, a normal ethernet lead should be ok. 

Just swap the cables over to the new TV and give it a try.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes