Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV charge and services

5 REPLIES 5
craiga79
Whizz Kid

Hi Karl,

I was going to ask the same question, so thought I would reply here. 

From your response, I am not clear if you can still have boost channels and not pay the £4. 

I realise that you lose the ability to flexibly add and remove channels, access on demand boost content, etc all as covered in your response - but will the boost channels currently subscribed still continue to work (without the on demand part) if opted out of the £4 charge? 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @craiga79 

No you can't have any boosts without paying the charge, or be able to watch any recordings that you have made from those channels.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
craiga79
Whizz Kid

Hi Freddie, are you sure about that?

If you carefully read the wording of the standard response, it almost looks like it is worded to imply that but doesnt actually say it. 

It lists everything you lose; access to add or remove boosts flexibly; loss of tv boost on demand content via the Talktalk player;  access to tv on the go services via the web and mobile app.....but nowhere does the resonse say you forfit your boosts that you subscribe to. 

I guess the first line I was expecting to see was confirming that all boosts would be cancelled if you do not wish to pay the £4.

Honestly not trying to be pedantic, just checking to see if there is an option to continue to receive sky sports without a further £4 being levied as I'm not fussed about the other stuff being lost. 

ferguson
Community Star

I think the key part of the statement is: "....you will lose access to add and remove TV Boosts flexibly." Now if that doesn't quite tell you that you cannot continue with existing Boosts, which I agree is not explicitly stated, it does specifically say that you will lose the ability to add "and remove," suggesting that any existing Boosts will not only be kept, but in perpetuity! I am sure that is not the intention and I am equally sure that the OCE will clarify this when they pick up on your question.

Because this is quite a particular point I have moved this conversation to a separate topic to make it less confusing for all concerned.

craiga79
Whizz Kid

Thanks for replying Ferguson.

I take your point. My initial thoughts, based on the wording, were that perhaps the box might lose the flexibility to add or remove boosts, but maybe it could still be done via customer services or via the website.

Wishful thinking I guess. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @craiga79 

I am 99.99999997% sure that without paying the £4 charge you will lose your boosts and access to the recordings made on these channels.

I hope that I am incorrect, however, I fear that I am not. @ferguson  has escalated this post, so an OCE should respond on Monday when they return.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.