TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk TV Plus Box DN372T - Channels

markandgwynneth
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I've been having problems with my picture breaking up from time to time and occasionally there being a pink picture when starting up. I've just ordered some new HDMI leads to see if that resolves it and, whilst waiting for them, I thought I'd try bypassing the box and plugging my aerial (which is fairly new) straight into the tv.

To my surprise, the tv tuned in to nearly 170 channels as opposed to the 48 I get through the box.

Why is that?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

markandgwynneth
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

Thanks Karl, yes it makes sense rather than to send something out.

Have a great day and thanks for your quick responses.

Mark

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

If you are happy to access freeview channels from the TV then no need for the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

markandgwynneth
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 9

Hi Karl, thanks for the kind offer but I'm not sure what benefit that will be as I can access the extra channels via my aerial without being able to record anyway. Unless you think it is an important step to try of course.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

I can issue a replacement box but this will be the non recording box.  Would you like to try this ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

markandgwynneth
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

Well, I have 48 channels and 67 subscription channels which I don't subscribe too, not as many as just through the aerial on it's own, channels that |I've enjoyed watching over the last few days.

So the question is, do I just carry on without the box and enjoy the extra channels? hmmm... 

0 Likes

markandgwynneth
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, I'll have a go.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@markandgwynneth 

Have you tried a maintenance reset (OPTION 2 keeps your recordings) https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/      ? This reinstalls your operating system and fixes all sorts of problems..

After this unplug your aerial and retune the box before re-plugging the aerial back in. This will show no channels found but, clears the tuner memory, then re plug in the aerial and retune again.

A lot of the channels that your TV shows as found are data only channels and encrypted channels so will not show on the TT box.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes