TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box dying.

keithmorgan
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

After several years my TV box is dying. I've reset it several times and checked everything. Even replaced the hdmi cable but the problems remain. Every minute or so, the screen will go dark and the sound will mute briefly. This is a box with the recording function which is the most important feature for me and I use it daily. All recordings have missing audio and blackouts too. I have tried normal freeview through the tv and also a dvd player, which both work fine. Having been a Customer since around 2006, would it be at all possible to have this box replaced with another with the same recording facility? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Sorry to see you go. If you call our customer loyalty teams directly they can assist with your cancellation request.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

So I had a look around and decided the best option for me was to switch to BT. Still sad to leave TalkTalk after 15 years, but the fact the TV box that BT offer is a "YouView+ Ultra HD with recording" just confused me. Why don't talk talk just sell these models? Then it's problem solved and happy customers all round, surely?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

That's actually a pretty good idea! I'll have a look on ebay and see if I can find the same model in better condition. Thanks, Ferguson 🙂

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

@keithmorgan It is undoubtedly a move that has disappointed many people. Unfortunately there are a very limited number of providers that provide recording boxes as part of their service and you may find it more economic to source another third-party box of your own rather than commit to their somewhat exorbitant TV prices. The choice is of course ultimately yours. 

Message 5 of 8

No Problem

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 8

Ouch. Not what I was hoping to hear if I'm honest. Scrapping a feature that many people signed up for in the first place, is a bad move. The only choice I'm left with is to reluctantly leave TalkTalk after 15 years of being a customer. Thanks for your help anyway.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

we can swap out the TV box however TalkTalk no longer supply a recordable box, so any box that is sent will be the Lite Box only.

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips