TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view TalkTalk TV - blank screen

anthonybrighton
Participant
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I'm unable to view any talk talk tv. When selecting I just get 'TalkTalk TV' in the top left corner and a blank screen (pic attached).  I'm unable to view any of my purchased content.  It was last viewed earlier this week.  I have tried resetting the box (Humax DTR1000).

Regards

Anthony

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Anthony,

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 12

HI @Karl-TalkTalk ,

Seems to be working now, thank you for sorting.

It initially popped up with a error - TTG-203 and a retry button.  But has since been fine

Thanks

Anthony

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

I've raised a ticket to our platform vendor to take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk ,

I've tried accessing a couple of times, but it is still the same.  Blank screen with 'TalkTalkTV' in the top left corner.  The 3 dots show in the centre of the screen like it is doing something, but then they freeze and nothing further.

Everything else on the box is working fine (netflix, my tv recordings etc), just not 'MoreTV'.

Regards

Anthony

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

When you reset the box it will register in the system, it's not unusual to see a box registered a couple of times. I've removed all entries now so nothing is showing as registered. If you try to access More TV we can see if it registers in the system.

It's a strange issue. All settings I can see are correct, no issues with the database, your TV or account settings etc.

Same issue happened to one of our community Stars a few weeks back, all settings where ok, and a couple of days later it all worked again.

There have been no changes or updates that I'm aware of.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk ,

I turned the router off for 30 mins and re-tried, but it is still the same.  Your earlier message said there were 2 boxes, I only have 1 box.

Has there been a recent software update, that may have caused the issue ?

Regards

Anthony

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi, 

I can see you do not have any subscriptions but can see the purchased content in the back end system, there were 2 TV boxes registered, i've removed one of them so the first one registered at 10:15 this morning is still showing.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

anthonybrighton
Participant
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk ,

Just some further info - I do not have any subscriptions, but I do have lots of purchased content.

Regards

Anthony

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

OK, last thing to try, turn router off for 30 minutes to clear the current session, then retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

anthonybrighton
Participant
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk ,

I've reset the box  (factory reset, keep recordings) but still no access.

Now, it flashes up with 'Finding your subscriptions' and the kicks me out back to the TV.

Regards

Anthony

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

I've removed any associated devices from the system, Reset the box again and this will re-register, then try again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips