TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView box won't connect to router

LynneC
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Since experiencing a power outage yesterday, I have been unable to watch any tv.

- I have checked and reset the router and everything is working OK. 

- I have WIFI and all other devices are working ok.

- I have reset both powerline adapters and confirmed all lights are green.

- FInally, I did a 'Factory Reset' on my YouView box and it is now stuck on the 'Connect to Router' instructions.

Everything is connected properly. Is there anything else I can do to get it working again?

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

Glad to hear our team could help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

New adapters received. All working again!

Thanks very much for your help 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi LynneC

The replacement is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 12

Yes please, if that is the next step.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi LynneC

Would you like me to send replacement powerline adapters for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi, thanks for your help so far. We have reset both power adapters (as advised) and they restarted and all three lights are on suggesting that they are working and connected. We then started up the YouView box again and after the initial startup/logo, the same things happens. It gets stuck on the 'connecting to router' page, then eventually times out and flashes up a page with two options, auto or manual connection, but then immediately goes back to the 'connecting to router' page and so on...

What would you suggest we try next? Or do you think it's a problem with the YouView box or power adapters?

Look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

OK, let me know if this helps.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 12

We will give that a try, thanks.

Message 9 of 12

Hi

I can see the router online but cannot see the adapters connected to the router.  Can you try factory resetting the adapters the re-pair them.  There is usually a pin hole on the side of each adapter to factory reset it.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 12

I'm unable to do this as the router is located upstairs and I don't have a long enough ethernet cable.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Are you able to test the box wired directly to the router, bypassing the adapters and see if it will connect ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes