TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview Huawei box recording problems

Oldgirl1
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My huawei you view box is not working properly all the time - been playing up for a couple of week- e.g scheduled recording - doesn’t record the episode and the rest of series is ‘gone’ from the scheduled tab, when I press record on the guide page the recording options don’t appear and no R appears next to programme but when I go to My TV the programme is in scheduled tab but not option to record series, today (not first time) it has failed to record a programme at 4pm but tells me the programme I have scheduled for 8pm is there (it’s not 8pm yet!) when you ‘play’ it there is nothing there. If you press the +1min button a frozen screen of broken pink images appears. 78% free space.  Have done the switch it all off.... and soft reboot several times but no joy.

its quite an old box - time for a new one?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
Thank you 🙂
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Oldgirl1

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for trying.

Hopefully the OCE will be with you tomorrow to consider next step.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your advice🙂. I have tried your suggestion and now the box won’t come on at all! Have switched off and unplugged, left for a few minutes and re-tried, still no joy!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

hi

Have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the OCE look at other alternatives.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes