Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

another IPC6023 issue

13 REPLIES 13
dpmiller
Chat Champion

OCEs, could I trouble you to have a look at our line/account please? Getting 6023 after about 5mins on each channel. Probably unrelated but I believe the issue showed up about the same time SWMBO activated netflix on the box...

DN372T.01.02.P  box connected through a Draytek 2850n

Line speed good at this end, voice calls are clean, IGMP settings haven't changed on the router and there are active Multicast groups showing on the router.

Software is up-to-date on the box

Long power-off  has already been applied to refresh session.

thanks!

David

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Whilst testing, I'm showing a possible earth leakage on the circuit.

Check the home phone, is dial tone clear with no noise or crackles etc ?

Check if your socket has a 'Test Socket' ?  If so, connect directly at this and I can then retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

dpmiller
Chat Champion
Currently on the nte5 with a filtered faceplatebut I will connect to the test socket when I get home later
No issues with voice calls, quiet line
D
OCE_Karl

Hi

OK, testing at the test socket will rule out any issues with the faceplate etc, but if the line test still fails then an engineer may be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

dpmiller
Chat Champion
@OCE_Karl
All internal wiring and equipment disconnected, Router straight onto the NTE5... Test away!

D.
OCE_Karl

Hi

The test has still failed but levels have improved from before.  There are also reported CRC errors showing.

I've a router on the way to you so you can also test with this.  Not saying you have to keep using the replacement router, but Networks will ask that this is tested before they escalate the fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

dpmiller
Chat Champion

Great Karl thanks. I'll revert once it arrives.

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

dpmiller
Chat Champion
@OCE_Karl new router arrived and SWMBO confirms the problem is currently resolved. Would you please carry out the repeat line tests tho, so we can confirm whether the Draytek is failing or rather your new router is more sensitive/selective wrt line noise. Thanks!
OCE_Karl

Hi

Most line tests are clear but the copper line test is still picking up an earth fault.

I've a multicast engineer booked out to confirm the settings at the exchange are correct and we can see what they advise tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

dpmiller
Chat Champion
thanks Karl, keep me posted
OCE_Karl

Hi

Multicast engineer has verified all settings exchange side and no issues identified.

Next option is to book out an engineer to the property to verify all line conditions etc.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required to proceed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

dpmiller
Chat Champion
so it seems the engineer visit won't be required- our side of the street was dug and ducted yesterday for a new cable. Evidently my fault isn't the only one...
OCE_Karl

Hi

OK, keep an eye on things and let me know if you require my assistance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips