TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequent youview box freeze and very slow wake up

Kevinkyitoe
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I have my  talktalk TV youview box over 10 years with same box and same ethernet cable from my router which has been changed many times about 5 times since I joined Talktalk[tiscali before] over 10 years. I do not bother before as I have freeview aerial and switch when talktalk TV give me a problem. However due to internet line upgrade from vodarfone in my area, caldecotte, Milton Keynes[ Giga fast fiber ] I lost my freeview aerial and have no choice using only Talktalk TV. Now youview box wakes up very slowly taking around 10 minutes, hence I have to switch it on 10 minutes earlier to watch my favourite programme and also had a freeze occasionally, cannot change channel and even watch TV. I wonder if I need to get updated Youview box with faster trasmitted cable between router and box. can I ask Talktalk to do that as I have been with talktalk[ tiscali before] since 2004-5.

Dr K Toe

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

See if the performance of the box improves.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes