TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub connection dropping out.

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 42 of 42

ScreenHunter 5097.jpgMy hub has been dropping its connection a lot recently, I am now getting fed up with having to reboot it most days. I have been running various tests over the phone with your team, rebooting and resetting seems to be a temporary solution. I'm sure its the hub that is causing the problem, Is it possible to send a replacement just for test purposes? I have just checked the log, the hub is 8 years old.

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 42

Hi

Glad to hear the router has remained online.  The firmware is currently rolling out in batches each night so will not be much longer before the new firmware is updated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 42

Thanks for the reply, I've checked the Hub, and it's

held connection for 7 days, I will have to play it by ear.

ScreenHunter 6128.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 42

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. How has the connection been since your last post? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 42

Hi, I am still having problems with my connection dropping out, the longest that it held was for 10 days as shown in the attached Hub info.

Over the last few days, I have had to reset the Hub every day.

ScreenHunter 6051.jpg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 42

Hello,

Hopefully we will know more about the new firmware this week.

Thanks

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 42

Thanks for the reply,

let's hope that the update will cure the problem,

I cannot fault the speed and signal when I have a connection.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 42

Hi Pete

We do have new firmware coming soon for the Sagemcom hub, I just don't have a specific date that I can share at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 42

Yes, you kindly sent out the Huawei hub, it held the connection OK but the speed was a lot lower compared to the Sagemcom and I did not get a connection to my sun house area in my garden, I get an excellent connection at the sun house from the Sagemcom, so I returned the Huawei hub. It's just a shame that I have to keep rebooting the Sagemcom hub.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 42

Hi pete,

Can I just confirm, have you ever tested the Huawei Wifi Hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 42

Hi Karl.

I am still having to reboot the hub most days, on checking the log which is working OK now I found that the same log info comes up before I lose connection, see the attached screen capture.

You can see when I shut my laptop.  When opening again later I had no connection.

ScreenHunter 5961.jpg

0 Likes

Message 11 of 42

Hi

We are aware of issues with the log files and this is addressed in the next firmware update that is currently in the works.

Should be ready for release in the near future.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 12 of 42

Hi Karl.

I did a full reset on 30/6/2021, the Sagemcom hub has not dropped out since [see attachment], however on checking the log I found that the log was not updating, this morning 3/7/2021 I had another look at the log and found that the log is updating but I have to start at the end and work back, [see attachment], your team might not be aware of what's happening.

Cheers, Pete.

ScreenHunter 5804.jpg.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 42

Hi

These issues and others have been addressed.  We have been working closely with the devices Team and have regular meetings. The new firmware is looking good and when ready to be deployed, this will auto update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 42

Hi Karl.

Thanks for the prompt reply, will the new firmware be auto-updated?

When I get the update I will let you know the outcome.

Can you mention to your guys about the DNS loss & the Log not updating?

Cheers, Pete.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 42

Hi

Our teams are working on a new firmware for the Sagemcom Hub and we hope to have this available soon, so this may also help.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 16 of 42

Hi Debbie & Karl.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to test the Huawei  Hub, I have given it a go, the connection held OK, but I was disappointed to see how much speed difference between the incoming on the two Hubs, [see attachment] I get speeds of 69+ on the Sagemcom Hub compared to 58+ with the Hauwei Hub.

On testing in my sun house, the Sagemcom always has a good signal, the Huawei had little or no signal, so I am now using the Sagemcom router and will return the Hauwei .

I checked the log today, The log has stopped updating for some reason, no entries since yesterday, I have noticed this before, and only restarts when reset, but not on reboot. 

I have found one trick, when I occasionally lose the internet at the sun house I log on to the Sagemcom Hub and reset it to save walking back to the actual Hub. 

Where I go from here is up to you, I can try a replacement Sagemcom Hub and return the other Sagemcom for your Teck guys to test

Thanks again, Pete.

ScreenHunter 5769.jpg

0 Likes

Message 17 of 42

Hi

Glad our Team could help. Anything else, just give us a shout 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

pete 1
Chat Champion
Message 18 of 42

Hi Debbie.

The hub came just before dinner, brilliant service.

All set up and running, not as good on the speed and signal compared to the Sagem hub when at the sun house at the bottom of my garden. I will let things settle down and report later.

Re, returning the Sagem hub, I will wait a while, I might decide it's better to have to reboot the Sagem hub now and again if the Huawei stops reaching my garden sun house. 

Thanks again, Pete.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 42

Hi pete 1

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 42

Yes please send me the Huawei Hub and I can return the one I have.

The Huawei router that I have in the attic was playing up, that's why you sent me a Hub.

0 Likes