TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement box freezing

redarmy
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

replacement box has froze a number of times, needing a reset. (4 month old) does anyone know if BT and Plusnet youview boxes are any better. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

I'm waiting for an update from the TV product manager. I'm hoping he'll be able to give us a pointer as how best to proceed and get this sorted for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

anybody got anymore idea`s or help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Fair enough and this is the second new box you've had?  Let me see what I can do for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

tried both updates. both show up running latest version

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Our system is showing it's not, if you try to run an update manually it'll tell you whether you need to do it or not. You're correct you won't lose anything. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

thanks for getting back

showing last checked 26th

component software 3.2.108

manu. software  72.44.211

platform config.  3849

isp config   2201011

looks up to date,are you saying i should update again manually. as this is normally done overnight i take it i wont lose any recordings or settings, ie. it is not a reset

cheers

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 15

They should be. Sometimes you need to run them manually. Let me know how you get on with it please.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

i thought these updates were automatic.

cheers

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi redarmy, the firmware on the box is in need of updating. Are you able to get that to complete?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

did the factory reset as suggested, froze again last night during a playback. remote totally unresponsive. had to reset again from back. getting a bit sick of this now. renewal is looming in a week. might as well try bt. some people reckon its a better box.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi

Try performing a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see how it performs.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

redarmy
Team Player
Message 12 of 15

sorry forgot to say its freezing on playback

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

hiya

this has happened approx. 10 times since receiving the replacement in jan. there have been no screen errors shown. we have a black screen and it reset itself back to "my tv" . most times i have had to reset from back of box.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi

At what point dos the box freeze? Playback, channel changes etc.

Any on screen errors?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes