Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Boost channels not working, black screen

34 REPLIES
leemilligan
Team Player

My boost channels just show black screens. This is not the 1st time as it happened a few months ago. I have already turned off the reuter and tv box for 30 minutes, weve also pressed both front buttons to reset but its still not working. The previous time needed an engineer to the bt box a few doors away.

Please help.

Community Team

Hi leemilligan

All tests are clear currently.  I'm showing that the MSAN config is correct.

I'll swap out the router first, to make sure this is not failing to process the multicast data and then we can take it from there.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

leemilligan
Team Player

Thank's Karl,

Much appreciated

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Test as soon as it arrives and let me know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

leemilligan
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Router arrived this morning, no change i'm afraid.

Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to networks to check that multicast traffic is processing at the port.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

Red solid light on internet light after 2 hours of being green ggrr.

Community Team

Hi Lee

The fault has been passed over to our NOC teams for investigation.  I cant see any auth logs from today.

Can you try a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Done that still no joy. 

Community Team

Hi

Does it work with the old router, or is it failing with old and new.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Failing with both. New one plugged back in, still red light for internet.

Regards Lee 

Community Team

Hi

I'll update our network teams to see whats happened.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

No tv light on now so cant access recordings. Still no internet. Red light still on. Tried to connect by yellow cable no joy either.

Lee 

Community Team

Hi Lee

I'm emailing networks to chase for an update on this.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Red light is now off. We have internet but still no boost channels. 

Regards Lee 

Community Team

Hi Lee

I've had confirmation from our network teams that the MSAN had switched over.  They have switched this back now and need you to retest.

Can you power off all equipment, router and TV box etc for a couple of minutes, then power on and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player

Done.

Thank you so much for sorting. Smiley Face

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear things are looking better.

Regards,

Karl. 

leemilligan
Team Player
Hi karl. Same problem again. This is getting silly now. Boost chanels showing blank screen. Internet is fine.
Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to our network teams asking they look at the multicast transmissions for any errors etc.

Thanks

Karl.