cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Crashing DSL3782

11 REPLIES
fre55die
Community Star

Wouldn't it be nice if this router managed to stay connected for more than 5 days without resetting/restarting itself.Tonight it happenned in the middle of a recording. Usually it obviously restarts in middle of the night as every time I look at the connected time it shows 3+days, we then get to nearly 5 days then a crash/restart. Something is definately wrong with it and no readable logs as everything is dated 2000.!!!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @fre55die

I'll pass it over to the OCEs for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi fre55die

Cant see anything here causing a drop, no profile changes etc.

I am seeing a lot of service discovery logs from the Humax box, 7 from midnight last night, but only one from the Huawei, this may just be coincidence, but I don't usually expect to see a lot of entries in the logs over 24hrs, just one maybe two entries.

Thanks

Karl. 

fre55die
Community Star
Thanks Keith.
Have you found any problems with it?
If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi Karl

What does that mean in laymans terms? My Humax box is set as my main box.

The router seems to keep randomly restarting. As I said it seems to stay connected for a maximum of 6 days then restarts.
Tony

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Tony,

My first 3782 did show signs of suddenly stopping data transmission for no reason. I thought it was a bug in the firmware, but Karl replaced it a while ago & this one is fine.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi Keith
All seems to be fine for days, no drops in signal or any apparent problems then it just shuts down and restarts for no apparent reason. The only clue I get is that on opening the router home page, it shows connected for up to 6 days. Last night I witnessed it, all lights went off apart from power light, then it restarted.
Really confused !!

Tony

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Tony,

Sounds to me if you have an HG633 inside of a DSL-3782 case, so that is why the 3782 is a bit bigger!

Seriously though its either faulty of some line prob? I'll pass it back again.

Keith

Community Team

Hi

There is a new router on the way :)

Karl.

fre55die
Community Star
Thanks Karl

Tony
fre55die
Community Star
Hi Keith

But surely a line problem wouldn't make it restart would it?

Tony
KeithFrench
Community Star

I wouldn't have thought so, but you do have the first 3782 stuck in yoyo mode.

Keith