cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

DN372T youview box stops responding to the remote control.

8 REPLIES
Eddydeb
Popular Poster

This had been happening for ages (along with several second blackouts; failure to record; no picture on playback). The only way round these for me was to unplug and wait 10 seconds and power back up but this takes ages. I received a new box last week and last night, it just stopped repsonding to the remote again. I will try the suggested method of holding the button at the front of the box next time. It has been said that this was fixed in software updates but it is still happening to me. Anyone got any further information on this. Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Eddydeb

On some of the earlier software releases some boxes not responding to the remote was an infrequent but repeatable issue.

On the current release firmware 72.44.124 which has had more bug fixes, fingers crossed I haven't had a repetition of the issue.  I cannot say it's gone for good just yet but it's looking hopeful.

And yes, the reboot from the front panel is the way to go for this issue and if the box does not come out of Deep Sleep mode which was another issue that I hope has gone for good.

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer *
ferguson
Community Star

It seems odd that the same issue has occurred on the replacement box also. Are you using all the cabling and the remote control which came with the new box? Which software version is it running? As Gondola said this should be 72.44.124.

Eddydeb
Popular Poster

Yes - using all the new cabling and remote that came with the box (bright white ethernet cable with yellow ends now rather than a yellow cable).

Software version is the latest 72.44.124; component software 3.2.96(4e0829)

ferguson
Community Star

OK, try a maintenance mode reset, option 2, follow the instructions here. Although to be honest with a new box there is little to lose with an option 5 reset if that doesn't work. Let us know how you get on.

Eddydeb
Popular Poster

Okay - will do thanks. Won't be tonight as have had a bit of wine with dinner.

ferguson
Community Star

Excellent reply, in your own time, cheers!  :)

Eddydeb
Popular Poster

Have done the reset option 2 this morning. I will update if the problem occurs again - thanks

Eddydeb
Popular Poster

Happened again 30mins ago. A few buttons on the remote do still work - Mute, volume, Box power, TV power and Source but none of the others. Pressed the front power button for a few seconds but not much quicker to come back up than just pulling the plug out.