cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

End of contract, can I keep the youview box?

4 REPLIES 4
Clbty
First Timer

Hi

I've cancelled our Talktalk service at the end of the contract period. We have returns bags but I was wondering if we can keep the youview box or if it needs to be returned? I don't want to incur any charges but it's not clear of it is a voluntary return or a requirement? Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Clbty 

Terms and Conditions were last updated on 13 Dec 2018.  The ownership of equipment was clarified in those T&C's.

Section 7 deals with equipment provided by TalkTalk. 7.1 and 7.2. The initial provision of router and TV Box becomes the property of the customer. Any equipment replaced outside of the 12 month warranty period remains the property of TalkTalk unless agreed otherwise.

The answer to your question is that if the TV Box is as originally supplied by TalkTalk at the commencement of your service then it's your property so you can choose to keep it or recycle it as you wish.

If it's been replaced at any time after the 1 year warranty has expired then to safeguard yourself I'd suggest getting TalkTalk confirmation about ownership.

If you'd like that confirmation, please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current / former TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your current / former TalkTalk service account and give you that reassuring confirmation.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help  . . .  If I offered a solution Best Answer

Clbty
First Timer

Thank you. I have updated my info as suggested. We did receive a replacement box at some point as the origonao one developed a fault. Please could you let me know for definite. Thank you.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Clbty 

I've requested the TalkTalk Community Team to check and let you know if TalkTalk require the replacement TV Box returned or if you have TalkTalk's agreement to keep it as yours and put a note on your account to confirm.

They're pretty busy but you will get a reply here from Monday onwards.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help  . . .  If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi @Clbty

Just to clarify there is no requirement to return the Box at the end of the contract. 

Regards