Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error code IPC6023

44 REPLIES
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
I was talking with talk talk all day yesturday they made me do 3 different things a yotal of 8 times each 1 switch router off 2 switch d-link plugs off 3 switch tv box off Then 1 by one put on again Nothing helped i told them over & over again its my tv plus box i bought off them only june 6th this year thats broken I can not watch live tv I can not record anything I can watch bbc iplayer & netflix & the on-demand but no live channels like sky one ect They said they would contact me today & because i wasnt up at 8am to reply in pm on facdbook they have now refused to reply to me & switched of Chat so im unable to even contact them as i cant ring because my house phone is broken & im not willing to ring off my mobile & be in a que for upto 4 hours with a brain tumour My direct debit is due at the end of this month but because my talk talk tv plus box is not fit for purpus im thinking of removing my direct debit from my bank Can anybody help me get through to these ppl as there clearly ignoring me
Community Team

Hi Angelbabe1uk

Can I just clarify, in your post the main points you mention are :

You cannot watch Live TV - is this just the Subscribed channels, so freeview Live channels are working ok ?

On demand services are working ok, so the box is connecting to the internet.

You are using Powerline Adapters - are these direct into wall sockets and are the lights on the adapters remaining green or turning red?

Also, is it possible to borrow a phone handset for 2 minutes from a friend or neighbour to see if you have a clear dial tone on your line or if you can hear any noise or crackles on the line.  The TV signal shares the same line but is a little more sensitive than the standard internet signal so noise on the line can disrupt the TV service.  I am picking up a high resistance on the phone line side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl I cant get any live streams on my talk talk box every channel has now dissapeared completly all my subscribed channels are gone I dont get the freview channels as i sadly dont have an arial i wish i did that way then id have something to watch I have a few programes id recorded b4 the box developed the faults that seem to be getting worser by each day that passes I can watch some of the on-demand but only a few things as rest are grayed out? When it 1st started playing up it showed all my subscription channels and allowed me to pause even though no picture or sound ? But sadly today when i put it on all the channels have completly dissapeared & it is telling me to conect it to an arial the sky channels i had on there have been wiped off it & when i put on standby it switches the box off completly so it has to set back up everytime i switch it back on? Ive also checked my dial tone & that is clear and no crackles at all Best wishes Tina
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
I forgot to say the powerline adaptors are working fine as the xbox works online with them no problem Its litterally just the subscribed channels that have dissapeared and now gives error code YVM305 So another fault on top of the fault above & its going to get worse until the box stops working altogether
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Ok scrap that about watching recordings i now can not watch them either because the channel has been removed so now i only have on-demand limited and bbc iplayer and netflix
Community Team

Hi

Sorry to hear the channels are missing.  I've seen a couple of reports from other customers and I am now investigating with our TV teams.  

I'll reply as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi @Angelbabe1uk

Try a manual Software Update 

Y Button > Settings > Software Information > Update Software

See if this restores the missing channels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl I only can view the on-demand but thats hit and miss & sometimes my box crashes The powerlink adapters are working fine I have no boost channels working at all there there but as soon as you put onto a channel ther error pops up Talk talk sent an engineer out to try another box but he refused to do anything at all he said its a talk talk fault & the whole of pembrokeshire us blacked out My house phone is working no sounds on line at all as i tried it Now talk talk say i have to wait a further 72 hours ( up tomorrow) for open reach to get in touch which upto 2day ive heard nothing & the box is still the same My son brought his box round and that ti didnt work so its something talk talk has done somewhere causing hundreds ti be blacked out Im now 11 days and im not holding out getting it back this side of christmas ir even the start of 2019 but yet they expect payment for something that cant be used
Community Team

Hi

I'll need to send out a Multicast engineer from openreach to look at the TV traffic at the port.

What days are best for you, Mon - Fri AM or PM ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Talk talk said they had already told bt open reach to check the cabinet ect and id hear by today? Havent they done this & ive been lied to again? 2 yrs ago my line developed a fault apparantly water got into my wires at cabinet and my line dropped? Is this the resistance your on about could it have returned again? Im going to use my talk talk direct debit money today to buy some more batteries for my house phone then ill get my son to try it 2 see if any noises
Community Team

Hi

All tests are clear but the active channel count is showing as zero on the TV side.

As a Brightspark engineer has been and fully tested there should not be any underlying issues with your phone service.

I'm going to request a multicast engineer look at the TV traffic at the fibre port at the exchange and take it from there.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Just had a reply from networks, this has been passed to Openreach and they are arranging a multicast engineer to go to the exchange and look at the port settings.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
I was told openreach were doing this days ago and id hear something by today but now there saying i wont hear anything till were into december by that time ill have been 2 weeks without any tv all i can do is watch the on-demand as long as its not crashing the box that is I bought 2 new battries fir my house phone but sadly they need to charge up but when i switched my hanset on it sounded clear no crackles but only stayed on for about 10 seconds b4 switching off again So how long am i to wait now ive been now 12 days with no working boost channels I seem to be getting told loads of different things Yesturday i was told some manager would ring me today but wait 5 days 😳 so its getting so confusing now hes ringing 2day but i have to wait 5 days ?
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
If it was bright sparks engineer who called on tuesday 27th nov he didnt do anything at all He didnt check the box/line/router or even bring a replacement box to rule out it being a box fault All he did was looked at the error that came up on my tv & said oh its a known fault talk talk know of it you just have to wait for it to come back on the whole of pembrokeshire is blacked out with this fault & left it was like he couldnt be bothered & left Talk talk were suposed to ring me that afternoon but they have never bothered to ring at all It took me to try to trace it myself b4 they actually told me what was going to be done next They said that BT Openreach had been informed & they would be intouch in 72 hrs no later that brought me to today Yesturday i asked them to send me a returns bag to sent the tv box back to them & get my money i paid refunded & they said ok & there manager will ring me today but give him 5 days 😳 ive no idea what he ment by that but again nobody has rang me leaving me even more frustrated They know of this fault its hit hundreds of ppl but yet were passed from pillow to post & given excuses instead of the truth & are expected to pay for something we cant even watch Why they cant do what all the other supplyers do and withold asking for our direct debits until this is back up working fully again & going forward from there
Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
By the end of today ill be 336 hours with NO tv boost channels Complete blackout no pic/sound Ive again contacted talk talk vis pm in facebook & it looks like im again being ignored once more just like last week so im looking for the contact details of the ombudsman to report this to & see what they say about having things not fit for purpus but expected to pay for it I bet if my direct debit was to bounce they would soon be hounding me with calls demanding i pay for something that dont even work! Talk talk said they would call me tuesday gone they never friday gone they never saturday gone they never & now 2day which im guessing they wont either Its no wonder ppl get hostile towards them if this is how they treat there customers Im going to look into ending my contract as im not getting the service i was prommised they have gone against there prommise set out in there gaurentee
Community Team

Hi Angelbabe1uk

BT have verified they can see traffic at the port.

Did the brightspark engineer not try  different router to rule this out as faulty ?

This should always be the first thing to check with this error.

A new router will be with you soon so this can be ruled out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Hiya karl If it was brightspark who called a week ago 2morrow he wasnt a brightspark at all as he did nothing at all just read fault number and said uts a talk talk problem they know about it and i have to wait for it to come back on again What router are they sending this time as it will be my 3rd router in 6 months The 1st one was the super router that fried its wifi after 6 hrs use The 2nd what ive got is an older router as they didnt send the same router out And how long will this router take as your demanding payment today via direct debit
Community Team

Hi

This will be the HG633 model.  If this fails to restore the connection then a TV box will follow so all equipment has conclusively been ruled out. Then we can take this back to openreach confirming everything has been verified and they need to re-look at the port or swap the line to another port to make sure.

Thanks

Karl.  

Angelbabe1uk
Team Player
Thats the one i already have so i doubt another one the same will sort this fault? The wifi on this one is rubbish and it struggles to stay conected most of the time The 1st router i had was the brown one with gold specks called WiFi Hub with stronger wi-fi thats the one they still think i have as keep telling me to update software in it
Community Team

Hi

Live TV relies on something called IGMP.  Easiest way to think of this, is to imagine a second signal piggybacked on the internet signal.

Often a router can work fine for general internet traffic but if the IGMP data is not being forwarded correctly to the TV box then the subscription channels will fail.  On demand will work because that only uses the general internet signal.

The router is the most obvious cause of this type of failure so I always rule this out first.  If that is proven not to be the issue then we need to rule out the TV box itself.  If still failing then it must be network related.

Thanks

Karl.