Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extension to Fixed Price Contract

4 REPLIES 4
Swally44
Popular Poster

I have received a promo email, offering the chance to fix our existing fast fibre contract, due to expire Oct 2019, for another 2 years for £2 pm extra.

Our TV Plus service, which has recently been separated, now costs £4 pm, so I'm trying to find out whether that would be affected if we extend the broadband contract. Would it still expire in October as scheduled? Also, I’ve been told on a previous enquiry, that at renewal of our TV contract in October, we would be entitled to a new  DN372T  TV Plus Box. Does that still apply?

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Swally44, I've sent you a personal message to confirm security settings. Once you've replied I can look into this for you. 

Community Team

Hi Swally44

The TV charge rolls on each month, until you request to remove it, so it wont have an effect the offer price on the email which will be a fixed price plan for the Broadband service only. 

Also when you renew you would have to mention that you have an old box and you would like to use the Apps. 

Regards

Swally44
Popular Poster

Hi Arne

Thanks for your prompt reply; I now understand the status of our TV service.

We have been head scratching a bit over your sentence:  “when you renew you would have to mention that you have an old box and you would like to use the Apps”. 

As the TV charge is a rolling opt in/out service, by “renew” did you mean ask for a new box at the time we apply to extend the Broadband service for 2 more years at £2.00 extra pm?

We have some recordings we would like to keep, so can we keep the old box as well (not connected to internet of course)? 

Regards

Swally44

Community Team

Hi Swally44

So when you renew, if you mention that you have an old box, and that you use apps like Now TV, amazon prime etc , (which the old box doesn't support) you will be offered a newer box. 

Hope that makes sense.