Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Failed and Clipped Recordings -Resolved

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Star

If you have been experiencing failed and clipped recordings, YouView have now identified and corrected this with the help of Arqiva.

The following is part of an announcement recently posted on their website.

Following the Crystal Palace test and the positive feedback seen from this (both via viewer reports and data), Arqiva and D3&4 conducted a further investigation into the regions we knew to be affected and discovered that in these regions, the transmitters were using their “B” feed inputs, rather than their “A” inputs which they should be set to prefer and revert to. At some point on the 22nd January, where we first saw the increase in failed, short and clipped recordings, a glitch caused these transmitters to select their “B” inputs and did not revert back to “A”.The different behaviour of these input feeds is what caused the issue with recordings, rather than using the correct p/f signalling triggers provided by the CSI (or channel) they defaulted to using the EPG timings.

Arqiva rectified the issue on the 8th May across all affected regions, and will be conducting a retrospective exercise to better understand the root cause with their hardware vendors.

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted

This answer is not correct.  The issue is not resolved in Northern Ireland.  I have been experiencing for a number of months now - clipped recordings, partially failed and now it has progressed to every recording failed.  I would liuke it resolved.  I have tried to report to Talk Talk via email but was directed back here through an automated reponse.  I do not think that this is an adequate way to deal with a customer complaint.  I do not know if things get resolved through this community but what I really wanted was a reply from Customer Service.

I will be switching to BT if I do not receive a response from Talk Talk

Highlighted
Community Star

@da_caulfield @This is not a TalkTalk issue, but a universal one. It affected BT and Freeview pvrs too, so moving provider will not solve your issue

You'd be best reporting this to YouView on their forum here as they were collating info for TT & BT for a resolution and have been informed its resolved.

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
Community Star

@da_caulfield following your post I asked for clarification on this issue from YouView.

Northern Ireland was an affected region but the fix was put in place on the 8th May, so if you are still experiencing problems it will most probably be box related.

Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you