would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Hardly any channels youview box

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi.

I recently got my broadband up and running, moved into my first house. I have a talk talk youview box however only getting 57 channels. I have done all the resets possible and retuned and still 57 channels.

Please help!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Can you unplug the aerial from the youview box, connect it directly to the TV and retune and see if all channels show on the TV ?

This will help to check if it is an aerial issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Karl, 

I have already done this and shows no channels when the Ariel is plugged into tv, plugged back into my box and still on 57 channels, I am starting from channel 11, so I am not getting bbc and itv.

Thank you for your response. 

Kirsty 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kirsty,

so can I confirm, when the aerial is plugged into the TV directly there are no channels showing ?

If this is the case it may indicate an aerial issue rather than a box issue.

Hope I've interpreted that correctly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Karl, 

Yes I have read somewhere that there shouldn’t be any when the Ariel is plugged into tv, but should retune and get all channels when plugged back into the youview box.

Thanks 

Kirsty 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

If your TV has freeview, when the aerial is connected directly to the TV and not to the youview box, then the TV should pick up freeview channels.

If the aerial is going directly to the TV and not the box and no channels are being picked up, then this could be the aerial itself or the connections that are at fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi, 

I have an engineer coming out to have a look at this. 

Thanks 

Kirsty 

Highlighted
Community Team