would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei box and Sony TV RC woes ...HELP!

Syd Snott
First Timer

Hello Karl!

It's Me, ...Steamywee!😋

Your log-in servers have forgotten my details and after God knows how many failed attempts at logging in followed by many more Password re-set attempts, I decided that the most expedient way to contact the living there at TTTowers was to create another persona!

That dratted YV Box has finally driven me to the point of no return.

This weekend it has failed to record all programs scheduled, (Five) and trying it on any random program, It immediately throws up a "Failed" notice as soon as it bstarts recording,.

It is also impossible to scroll back through live TV as when you do so, it crashes the box.

Please, Please replace it soonest before I take an axe to it! 

Thanks.

G

Community Team

Hi

Replacement on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Syd Snott
First Timer

Thanks Karl, just tried reset keeping recordings and got back some functionallity, ...at the expense of being able to watch TV!

That now says "No Signal",so the box isn't passing it through.

Regarding my inability to sign in tomy original account, don't understand why log in details are not being recognised.

I'll try to sign in with them again at risk of being cast adrift totally! 🙂

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

...AND WE'RE BACK!

Totally confused with the password reset mechanism which kept correcting my username back to Syd Snott.

Community Team
Highlighted
Steamywee
Wizz Kid

Thank you Karl,the box arrived today and is now up and running, thanks to your swift response!

....I think you must have  these delivery guys just waiting at the end of the street!

I'll keep an eye on it's foibles over the next week or two and will report back.

...Hopefully with no news!

It might be a similar length of time before I return the faulty one as I'd Like to watch some of the recorded stuff, ...if it will cooperate.

Thanks again.:)

Community Team
Steamywee
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl, 

I got this second replacement box set this weekend and had a couple of hiccoughs, (funny word that!) I hoped they were not the harbingers of further problems.

Seems they well may have been.

This evening, I attempted to set recordings of two programes broadcast at the same time (10-11pm) on channels 4+1 and 5+1  as I wanted to view another program live at 9:pm til 10:05pm on ITV HD.

All seemed to be OK until the overlap (the last five minutes) when I was nolonger allowed to watch the third live viewed programme on ITV (Ch 103) and was automatically transferred to the latter of the two concurrent recordings on 5+1!

Even after the 5 minute overlap, I was still not permitted to watch the ITV Evening news on ITV  HD Channel 103!!

Both the other failed boxes would allow me to watch one channel whilst recording two others.

Rather confusingly, they would both issue a warning just prior to the commencement of the second concurent recording, that "I may not be able to continue watching the current live program", however the warnings would disappear and my live viewed program invariably continued whilst both selected recordings were made without interruption.

It seems to me that this box has only two operational tuners where the previous boxes have three!

Do I need yet another box or is there some setting in the bowels of the thing that I need to change? 😞

ferguson
Community Star

It just seems a coincidence based on what you set. The box only has and only ever has had two tuners.

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

Not sure about that!

Had one box in excess of 5 years and despite amost always receiving the warning at the top of the screen; "you may not be able to continue watching this program" when a second recording began, it was always a false alarm.

The sky didn't fall in, both recordings were intact and my viewing wasn't affected.

On this occasion, despite the overlap between the two recordings and the program being watched being just 5 minutes, I was unable to elect to continue watching my chosen channel until both recordings finished!

Grr!

ferguson
Community Star

There are certain circumstances where programmes on the same multiplex mean that you can watch one while recording two others, but this does not alter the fact that there are only two tuners, I promise you that!

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

So what Tuner have I been watching all these years whilst simultaneously recording two other programs? 🤔

ferguson
Community Star

The one in your TV perhaps?

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

No that would involve some input from me, this is totally  within the TV Plus box.

ferguson
Community Star

Have another read of Post 31.

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

Multiplexes!

...So the program guide is not the whole story, I need to "consult  the oracle" to see if the multiplexes are aligned with my ruling planets!

ferguson
Community Star

I haven't had reason to consult the oracle lately, but I find Google quite good, other search engines are available.  😎

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

I think I need Karls help here.

This box is as bad as the one that's 5 years old!

Recordings suddenly just freeze, sometimes for 3 or 4 minutes, other times they just never recommence!

If I'm watching live TVbut scrolled back, be that afew minutes or an hour, the picture freezes randomly.

It is totally faulty.

Please have the replacement checked for use prior to sending it out.

ferguson
Community Star

So you are on your third box now and they are all behaving the same way?

Are the recording problems occurring on Freeview channels, Boost channels, or both?

Steamywee
Wizz Kid

I think I need Karls help here.

All due respect Ferguson but I really would like Karl to look into this.

The first box was on it's last legs after 6+ years and  the HDD was begining to fail causing freezing of the picture whilst the sound continued and other strange things.

The replacement box was suffering with "Artifacts", pixillation and smearing of the picture on both recorded and scrolled TV and sometimes as I recall, on live TV too.

The current box did have a couple of problems at the very start which worried me that it was not in  the best of health.

From memory, the scrobble bar initially was unresponsive and it wasn't possible to navigate forward or back when watching a buffered signal.

It has proven to be the case, since recorded TV programmes  and Live TV which has been scrolled back, (i.e. you are watching a buffered signal, be that a couple of minutes or an hour behind the live broadcast signal) the picture will freeze randomly and may or may not continue of its own accord.

I don't have any subscriptions but do sometimes watch iPlayer, All4 etc. with no problems.