Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incorrectly cancelled order

14 REPLIES 14
njap53
Popular Poster

Hi, I have an elderly TV Plus box which has apparently died. I went through the reset options as described elsewhere witho no success. I used the online chat to discuss the issue and the agent arranged for me to have a replacement (at a charge). So far OK

Within a couple of hours I got an email to say the order had been cancelled.

The following day I used the chat to 'speak' to someone else. They could not find any reason for the order to have been cancelled and set it up again.  Fair enough, things go wrong sometimes.

Again, I received an email saying the order had been cancelled but, I thought, maybe it's just a computer 'thing' so gave it a few days. Then I used chat again and the agent was puzzled but set up the order again. Needless to say I have had another cancellation email.

All this in the space of a week. Three times! Is there anyone on here able to help before I start getting annoyed?

Thanks, Nick

njap53
Popular Poster

Trying again. Fourth time. The (very helpful) agent says they will escalate it  to the Back Office team. Some kind of internal systems issue. Fingers crossed.

Community Team

Hi @njap53

There is a specific code to use when ordering a replacement TV box.  If an incorrect code is selected then the order will cancel.

To allow me to check up on this, can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Karl. 

njap53
Popular Poster

Hi Karl, that's done. So far no further cancellation email so maybe it';s going to plan!

Community Team

Hi Nick

Not showing any open orders for a TV box, last order placed on 13th is showing as cancelled.

I've placed the order myself just now.  This should arrive in the next 24-48hrs.

Bump the thread either later today or tomorrow and I'll check this is progressing for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

njap53
Popular Poster
Will do, thanks
Community Team
njap53
Popular Poster

Think we're on a winner this time. I've had a text from the couriers to say it will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday). Woo Hoo!!

Thanks Karl

Community Team

Excellent.  Glad I've been able to help.

Karl.

njap53
Popular Poster

Ah, fourth time lucky. However, the unit was missing the remote control. No immediate problem because the one from the old box worked enough to get me set up.

So I go online and report it and a replacement was promised.

In the meantime, for some reason I get a trial for a Kids boost. I have no kids or even grandkids that are of an age to appreciate it so I'm a bit puzzled. Anyway, I cancelled the boost in case I started to get charged.

Back to the plot, and very quickly I get my replacement remote. The packet seems a bit small... and guess what, it's a kids one, a round thing which I won't unpack but looks  on the box like a yo-yo with a few buttons on it. Back online and customer service will get me the correct one in a few days. What fun!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @njap53 

You would find it easier just to use ONE source (here [recommended] or live chat for your problems !!). The new boxes do not come with a new remote as the existing ones work with all of the boxes so cutting waste. I understand that most people didn't include the remotes in the return as they had set them up to work with their TV's.

Just use the existing remote as it works on all TT boxes although some buttons may have changed in appearence, the functions are identical.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi njap53

Are you experiencing any faults with the TV remote control from the previous box? Is this not working?

Thanks

Debbie

njap53
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

It works but after many years some of the buttons are not reliable and may need pressing several times to have the right effect.

I can understand the issues with recycling and the like raised before. The old unit, remote (and the incorrect kids unit) will be returned in the blue bag provided for returns. I had assumed that having paid for a new box I would get the complete kit. Had I been given the option of a remote or not on the original order I would certainly have asked for a new one. After all, if I was a new customer, how would I have an old one?

Thanks, Nick  

Community Team

Hi Nick

Apologies for this. I can send a replacement now, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

njap53
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie

All being well with the ordering system there should be one already on the way, so hopefully not. My earlier comments were really just to update the thread.

Thanks, NIck