Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Issues watching your TV boost channels

22 REPLIES
Mark67B
Repeat Guest

For last week or so I cannot access any of my sky boosts. I don’t get an error message just a blank screen ( although I get the descriptor at the bottom telling me what is on ) I have checked all connections and rebooted both router and tv box. Also been in and checked boosts, and software upgrades. Nothing has resolved the issue

Community Team

Hi

Can you please try the following.

Reboot router and then TV box via the button at the back.

When the TV is ready, Load More TV (TalkTalk/MoreTV Button on Remote).

Select some on demand content from one of your boosts.

This will force a subscription check.

After this, test the channels from the guide and let me know if they display or not.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

Sadly still blank. It will playback sky1 on demand from more tv  but isn’t presenting any live images on sky sports or sky1

Community Team

Hi

I've escalated this to our back office TV teams for investigation.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi

Out TV teams have taken a look at this, they have asked if you can try one more time as follows.

Reboot TV box via the button at the back.

enter More TV and select some on demand content to trigger the subscription check.

Go to the guide and try a couple of the IPTV channels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

Tried again as requested. My sky sports boost doesn’t enable me to select content but on the starter pack I selected  sky 1 and could watch content. However sky1 and sports still blank screen when I tried the channels. Can view on down arrow an image of the content that should be on  (and can scroll long the bottom) but not the content itself.

Community Team

Hi

OK, no issues can be seen remotely. A router is on the way to rule this out as failing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

Ok but Router is only a couple months old, but will swap over and see when it arrives

Community Team

Hi

Technology is a strange thing.  I've seen equipment last for years, but I've seen equipment fail in the first few minutes, there is no way to be absolutely sure except to test another to rule it out.

Thanks

Karl.   

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

Router changed and sadly no change. Still a blank screen on boost channels.

Community Team

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and retest.  If still not working then this will need to be logged to our network access teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

I had already done a full reset which I picked up from other threads. However l did it again but still no joy. Blank screen (no errors) for sky 1 and sports. Can rent movies and undertake playback just nothing live.

Community Team

Hi

Strange one this.  All settings this side have been double checked and all looks as it should.

A replacement TV box is on the way to  test this.

Thanks

Karl. 

DINKYONE
Popular Poster

I have the same problem. But the only difference being I had an "engineer" come today and he couldn't fix it. He said "its a centralised issue affecting lots in the area. Should fix itself in a couple of days". I'm awaiting their next move. I still can't watch a service I'm paying for . Not impressed 

I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!!
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @DINKYONE

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Mark67B
Repeat Guest

New tv box installed.  Still no boost channels sadly. Can still view on demand. I now get ipc6023 error Rebooted router and checked connections but still no joy. New tv box is better though

DINKYONE
Popular Poster
I'm awaiting a new router, 1st thing to eliminate from the list of possible problems. Will keep up dated .
I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!!
Community Team

Hi Mark67B

I've had the port reset, can you try now.  If bot working I'm going to pass for a multicast engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mark67B
Repeat Guest

Sadly still no joy with the boost channels.

DINKYONE
Popular Poster

The new router did the trick. Everything is working fine.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!!