Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My tvbox is not operating consistently

8 REPLIES
frank17
Wizz Kid

I have reset to factory setting three times, tried a software update (it was already up to date) changed batteries in remote. Internet connection is O/K - pc working fine and speed is 30 plus.

Catch up is problematic and if I pause catch up it loses synch with speech and vision and also vision stutters. Internet connection is via network plug. My old recorder is showing its age but recording from aerial is fine as is the tv on aerial alone but the situation is that I am relying on the old tech too much. the analogue recorder is not good enough quality.

The model is DN360T, I looked at changing to a recording device however the website keeps kicking me out of the page I want! and the device seems not to be available.

frank17
Wizz Kid

I have spoken to a tech operator by telephone and we went through the cycle of switching off the tvbox and the switching it back on again. When the picture returned after 5 minutes they said there it is working now. I repeated that it is not the general operation but when i choose catchup or pause live tv and it has been doing it for several months, the picture freezes on pausing live tv but not every time and catchup when paused on restart it loses synch with sound and vision and it does this on catchup when it restarts and it has been doing this for several months.

The operator suggested that i monitor this for a few months and then contact them again if it  hapens again. I expressed my opinion that I buy their technology and expect it work and if it does not work i expect them to fix it. I can fix it by going to another supplier and buying their tech instead. So that is another problem unresolved by TT tech department!

Community Team

Hi

The box is also over 5 years old and could be failing.  I'll get this swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

frank17
Wizz Kid

Many thanks Karl, at last, I thought I was going mad trying to get some response from the telephone  tech operators. I in my wisdom thought I was helping by going through the diagnostic steps before complaining, however the tick boxes have to be ticked regardless of the situation.

Thanks again.

Frank.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

frank17
Wizz Kid

Karl

Thank you for the new tv box, unfortunately there are a few problems. The remote does not operate my tv (panasonic) however I wired it up and went through the starting up tests, tuned in new channels signed into my accounts with BBC, ITV etc. went into maintenance mode and updated software, all up to date anyway, Catchup tv working O/K . Showed my wife this new box and the picture breaking up in front of our eyes, tried the tv alone picture O/K, tried the TOPFIELD(PVR) box and picture O/K. Went back to TT box and picture breaking up on all channels. Catchup O/K so I believe the internet connection O/K. Retuned box and still picture breaks up. how do I proceed? I have switched back to my old box as that remote operates both box and TV and my fire stick will give me the catchup services.

Frank

Community Team

Hi

Is it just the freeview channels breaking up with the new box ?

Thanks

Karl. 

frank17
Wizz Kid

It is only freeview channels, I do not have access to any other.

There is an engineer coming tomorrow but I do not know what they can do on site. The operator insisted that is the only way forward.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Community Team

Hi

The engineer can look at the setup, try other equipment etc to see if there are any issues.

Please let me know how you get on with the engineer.

Thanks

Karl.